Temporary insurance

Lauren_Davinaz

Feeling absolutely p***** off with insurance.

I only want to insure my 350z for one day in order to drive it to the bodyshop I work at.... in order to clean it up, and yet no one will insure me for one day??? 

My plan is/was to insure it for one day so I could take it to the bodyshop and clean it up, then store it in a garage and class it as a sorn so i could work on it and modify it since it is taxed. 

Has anyone else had this problem??  And if so how on earth can it be solved? 

I am aware that my age which is 24 might be a problem but even so! Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Cuvva.com? I've never actually used them but afaik they offer short term insurance for single days, even by the hour.

Other than that best deal I've been able to get for myself in the past has been 30 day insurance. For a single day the prices were silly.

I’ve used cuvva a few times, they’re reasonably priced short term. There’s other websites who offer temporary insurance but they’re usually higher

Recently I just use my own insurer to add a temp car on, much easier and cheaper than cuvva, mods aren’t an issue like they were on cuvva. I just log onto the portal and add the details. Very easy with admiral 

Might be worth checking with your own insurer first 

In the past when ive needed temp insurance on a car - whilst i was selling it - i managed to get a short term insurance for a few days ffrom adrian flux. However, it cost a stupid amount as I couldnt use my main 28 years NCB on it.  Id get someone to trailer it to the shop as I think that would be the easiest way.

On 10/09/2021 at 21:35, Lauren_Davinaz said:

Feeling absolutely p***** off with insurance.

I only want to insure my 350z for one day in order to drive it to the bodyshop I work at.... in order to clean it up, and yet no one will insure me for one day??? 

My plan is/was to insure it for one day so I could take it to the bodyshop and clean it up, then store it in a garage and class it as a sorn so i could work on it and modify it since it is taxed. 

Has anyone else had this problem??  And if so how on earth can it be solved? 

I am aware that my age which is 24 might be a problem but even so! Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks

You could get a quote for a full year and then cancel for refund the next day? Might have to pay a cancellation fee but could be a cheaper way to get it for a day