Steering wheel judder

Kev T

•  

Hi all, after my last couple of track days i noticed that under moderate to heavy braking i was getting vibration and judder through the steering wheel but the brake pedal was fine.

Thinking it might be a build up of brake pad deposit on the discs i tried the heavy braking from sixty etc. with no noticeable difference to the feel on the steering wheel.

Deciding the problem was probably DTV ( Disc Thickness Variation ) i did a little research and booked into my nearest disc skimmer which was Carters Car Care in Dorking Surrey.

They were brilliant, taking the disc off first to clean up the mating faces then doing two machine cuts with a Pro cut portable lathe which attaches to the hub, the result is perfect braking with no vibration or judder 👍.

If you live in the surrey area and are suffering from the above then i can wholly recommend Carters Car Care to do the work

• Like 2

Nice fix! I've suffered with pad deposits from heavy track work in the past, but always been able to overcome it just by giving them some stick and getting them nice and hot again.

Really annoying when you see people always say its warped discs as it is very very rarely the case

Edited by dave_7
  • Like 1