Wheel Protection Options (quick ones)

Stutopia

For a good while I was happily using Car Chem Alloy Wheel Armour to apply a little top-up protection to wheels at every wash.

https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=389378

This seems to have vanished from production (I have tweeted them to ask) but I can't see an obvious replacement.

I'm not looking for a full on coating, which requires them to be spotlessly clean or taking wheels off, just a spritz on, leave, wipe off affair. Any suggestions? I've seen this and am tempted, as I've heard some decent feedback on turtle wax stuff recently - https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/ceramic-coating/turtle-wax-hybrid-solutions-ceramic-spray-coating-500ml-351526.html

• Stutopia changed the title to Wheel Protection Options (quick ones)

Wolf's Nano Wheel Cleaner (Clean & Coat) - DW review.

It deosn't last forever, but if it's just for topping up duty it pretty decent, and removes a 'then' from clean then protect...

Failing that pretty much any spray sealant would work for topping up, tbh. If you've got a decent base on there, I wouldn't see the need for a dedicated product - throw your Hydropel at it (that's easy enough to use and should be durable enough for regular topping up). :thumbs:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

Wolf's Nano Wheel Cleaner (Clean & Coat) - DW review.

It deosn't last forever, but if it's just for topping up duty it pretty decent, and removes a 'then' from clean then protect...

Failing that pretty much any spray sealant would work for topping up, tbh. If you've got a decent base on there, I wouldn't see the need for a dedicated product - throw your Hydropel at it (that's easy enough to use and should be durable enough for regular topping up). :thumbs:

Hmmm, Hydropel you say. I don’t normally use up products that I have sitting in my massive pile of “things to try”, good shout. 

• Haha 1

The easiest and cheapest regular top up I use on rims is Turtle Wax Dry and Shine.

Spray on and rinse off.

On my silver wheels I don't even dry with my leaf blower.

Lovely slick finish.

Lovely beading.

No idea on durability as I apply it every wash.

I'm running very low on my Optimum Optiseal.

This is a wipe on and walk away sealant.

It would leave high spots bony bodywork so never used it again on the body, but never noticed the high spot on the rims

https://youtu.be/oAipUH4f2Yg

• Like 1