Caster issues?

arcdef

Hi all,

I recently replaced all the front arms with Moog parts on my 2004 350z and ever since I've noticed that the steering won't return to centre.

From the research I've done it seems there isn't a way to adjust caster so not sure how I am meant to rectify this?

Car drives straight and turn in feels good it just disconcerting that it isn't returning to centre and wasn't doing it before. 

Thanks,

Ash

I doubt it it is a castor issue, unless the fitter messed up

You do not say exactly what arms you replaced.

Did you get a full geo. done after fitment?

If so, post up the print out.

I would be looking at an issue with the new parts or a fitment issue.

Check tyre pressures.

Literally everything Alex said, thing is aswell that you’ve probably replaced items along the way such as tyres and possibly other suspension parts and things have slowly started to set in and rest causing the tracking to go out unnoticed, now youve replaced the suspension arms etc everything’s the way it should be and it’s knocked the tracking out largely because there wasn’t the tolerance it was before due to old parts 

I have done a fair amount of geo setup on the zed. The factory caster is around 8deg, which is way over “most road cars” that run around 4. With my eibach adjustable camber arms (top arms) they allow for changing the caster by around 1 deg each way, i have had to reduce mine slightly to get back in spec. I struggle to think how changing top arms for others designed for a 350z can take 8deg off. I havent seen the moog ones but they will prob be handed. Are you sure they are on the correct side?

the other thing to check is toe, if you have a fair amount of toe out, it will make the car wonder off line (but does help turn in/cornering ) like you have experienced. I have never run toe out on rear so unsure if that would effect self centring even if front is ok. You really need to get a full geo/alignment done and see what the numbers are before second guessing.