My 370z Nismo Gen 1

reeceybeaney

46 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

yeah worth keeping just for the exclusivity. Ive never seen a Mk1 on the road. Mk2 are rare might see one every 6 months if lucky. 

Once the spacers and springs go on think it would look cool. Ever thought of wrapping the grey bits pearl white or do you prefer the contrast?

Definitely right there, I never see any 370z's my way let alone any Nismo's! 

I'm a sucker for OEM+, I think the contrast makes the car. There is a Mk1/V1 for sale on Autotrader, which is all colour matched, and to me it doesn't look right and seems to be struggling to sell. 

1 minute ago, ShortPaul said:

That v1 thats colour coded has been for sale for at least twelve months, i think all v1 nismo's in the states are all one colour. Are these cars number from the factory or when they were brought into a country 

Wow and the price has been dropped a lot recently! I think you're right and think the cars in the states are numbered by the year too? I'm not sure how they worked out the numbering but supposedly if there's only 120 in the UK and mine is #210 they must be numbered over a larger area than just the UK?

The colour coded ones your thinking about are the very first mk1's that were between 2009-2013 which included the silver v1 Nismo wheels. Then when Europe got the Nismo for the first time in 2013-2015. Nissan had then updated the mk1 with the gun metallic v1 wheels with contrasting bodykit along with the red brake calipers, magma red pin stripe decals and Nismo badge with the m-red O.

In terms of numbering they are numbered to regional market (Europe, Asia, ect.) Hence why yours @reeceybeaneyis #210 and there is only 122 mk1's in the UK.

Also Asian market Nismo's have the Fairlady Z badge instead of the 370z and its also on the numbered plaque. (Pretty cool!)

In the American market they numbered them by each year of manufacturing.

(All stuff I've just mentioned has been researched because I'm sad haha)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, reeceybeaney said:

Definitely right there, I never see any 370z's my way let alone any Nismo's! 

I'm a sucker for OEM+, I think the contrast makes the car. There is a Mk1/V1 for sale on Autotrader, which is all colour matched, and to me it doesn't look right and seems to be struggling to sell. 

Lol i spoke to the guy a few times while my IG was live. Hes from Scotland. Hes not really selling it, as I asked. Its just there to tease buyers lol. That colour match is popular in the states. 

Not many are SORN so they are being used which is good. 

I did have my mk2 at £18000 at one point and just let the calls ring out 😂😂. Kept it another 6 months

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got a little relaxed with the wallet over the past week... H&R Springs, 20mm spacers, adjustable camber arms and oil and filter all bought and now fitted! Only had a major service at Nissan in August but I always do an interim oil and filter for what it costs. 

IMG_20211126_164057.jpg.453388fb3e691f1c07252c6e23106c34.jpg

Dire need for an alignment, the rear is all over the place so it's just looking pretty on the drive now 😁

IMG_20211127_150551.jpg

IMG_20211127_150531.jpg

IMG_20211127_150604.jpg

IMG_20211127_150641.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nismo been spoilt recently, full custom geo set up after the springs and spacers fitted. Need slightly smaller spacers in the rear as it rubs under compression :(

Picked up some K&N intakes off a forum member @Jinshim thank you! Got them fitted and wasn't expecting much of a difference but pleasantly surprised with the intake noise. 

Also picked up the intake tubes if I fancy a chance as it seemed a no brainer as I was torn between the 2 choices! 

IMG_20211128_130942.jpg

IMG_20211212_141549.jpg

IMG_20211212_141838.jpg

• Like 1

On 16/11/2021 at 00:02, Lewis Schwier said:

The colour coded ones your thinking about are the very first mk1's that were between 2009-2013 which included the silver v1 Nismo wheels. Then when Europe got the Nismo for the first time in 2013-2015. Nissan had then updated the mk1 with the gun metallic v1 wheels with contrasting bodykit along with the red brake calipers, magma red pin stripe decals and Nismo badge with the m-red O.

In terms of numbering they are numbered to regional market (Europe, Asia, ect.) Hence why yours @reeceybeaneyis #210 and there is only 122 mk1's in the UK.

Also Asian market Nismo's have the Fairlady Z badge instead of the 370z and its also on the numbered plaque. (Pretty cool!)

In the American market they numbered them by each year of manufacturing.

(All stuff I've just mentioned has been researched because I'm sad haha)

Interesting stuff!

Any idea why the V2 Nismo isn't numbered (in the UK at least) the same way as the V1? 

On 14/12/2021 at 12:30, Loadmaster said:

Interesting stuff!

Any idea why the V2 Nismo isn't numbered (in the UK at least) the same way as the V1? 

Not sure, maybe to save money? From the design of the v2 it certainly looks like they were trying to extend beyond the v1 customer base to sell more cars.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, nissanman312 said:

Ha ha true 

Hopefully it's going to a good home 

It's a fine example

I hope so too, sounds like a young chap like myself so hope the car treats him as it has done me! 

Doubt I'll ever have a car that looks as good as this... Probably regret it at some point when I see another on the roads

1 hour ago, reeceybeaney said:

I hope so too, sounds like a young chap like myself so hope the car treats him as it has done me! 

Doubt I'll ever have a car that looks as good as this... Probably regret it at some point when I see another on the roads

That's true 

What's next