Importing to UK - Nissan Z

dean_asla

First of all, sorry to everyone who will be unable to get your hand's on the new Nissan Z, it sucks that it wont come to the UK.

However, I am in Japan and I plan to buy one, this would join my 350Z Nismo.

The plan would also be to take it back to the UK when I come home, does anyone know if this will be a difficult process? I understand if the car is under 10 years old that its a lot harder than a car over 10 years. 

• Like 1

Bring me one back and I’ll tell ye :lol:   I would imagine that you’d pay tax on the new price for starters as well as tax on every other aspect of importing, mostly made up percentages.

sorry can’t help and I envy your position but I’m guessing your biggest problem will be support in getting it re-mapped (?) if that’s the right word to not talk and operate in Japanese, considering how new these are.  Unless of course, there’s massive import demand.

Emissions ?  :shrug:  I guess that’s why it won’t be available in the UK  

13 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Bring me one back and I’ll tell ye :lol:   I would imagine that you’d pay tax on the new price for starters as well as tax on every other aspect of importing, mostly made up percentages.

sorry can’t help and I envy your position but I’m guessing your biggest problem will be support in getting it re-mapped (?) if that’s the right word to not talk and operate in Japanese, considering how new these are.  Unless of course, there’s massive import demand.

Emissions ?  :shrug:  I guess that’s why it won’t be available in the UK  

I dont know if its any different being new, but my 350Z would have no taxes or fees due to me having owned it for over 6 months and having lived out of the UK for over a year, as long as I am returning home to live. 

Emissions is the point where I think the issue will be but surely if the GTR can pass UK emissions, the new Z could. 

Emissions should be OK. From what I read, one of the reason they don't bring this into EU is this below

"In 2021, the EU will give a fine to any manufacturer who sell a car with more CO2 than 95 grams/km will get a 95 euro fine times the amount of units sold by the manufacturer that year"

Not sure about taking this into UK privately, assuming you'll just pay road tax to the latest tax band.

8 hours ago, veeg33 said:

Emissions should be OK. From what I read, one of the reason they don't bring this into EU is this below

"In 2021, the EU will give a fine to any manufacturer who sell a car with more CO2 than 95 grams/km will get a 95 euro fine times the amount of units sold by the manufacturer that year"

Not sure about taking this into UK privately, assuming you'll just pay road tax to the latest tax band.

Yeah seems the emissions wont be an issue, getting the report from the manufacturer (which will be required for the IVA test) is the difficult part, sure there will be companies who will import one before I take it home, I can use them for the reports.

Seems like it wont be too much of an issue. 

On 18/08/2021 at 09:25, dean_asla said:

First of all, sorry to everyone who will be unable to get your hand's on the new Nissan Z, it sucks that it wont come to the UK.

However, I am in Japan and I plan to buy one, this would join my 350Z Nismo.

The plan would also be to take it back to the UK when I come home, does anyone know if this will be a difficult process? I understand if the car is under 10 years old that its a lot harder than a car over 10 years. 

If you've lived there 12 months and owned it 6 months and can show proof. Youd only be liable for 10% duty. Tax exempt. Just need IVA and MOT. There are companies that could do the full DVLA /IVA process

Road tax should be reasonable as under £40,000 retail.bUsed this site as reference

https://mycarimport.co.uk/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=Locations UK&gclid=CjwKCAjwgviIBhBkEiwA10D2jwkdOPyfdS_yEK9UC4FgqhJTwjpcDv14SEwVxulym7Ci7Saz7nU_YRoCde0QAvD_BwE

Lucky bugger! 😁

Edited by GranTurismoEra

3 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

If you've lived there 12 months and owned it 6 months and can show proof. Youd only be liable for 10% duty. Tax exempt. Just need IVA and MOT. There are companies that could do the full DVLA /IVA process

Road tax should be reasonable as under £40,000 retail.bUsed this site as reference

https://mycarimport.co.uk/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=Locations UK&gclid=CjwKCAjwgviIBhBkEiwA10D2jwkdOPyfdS_yEK9UC4FgqhJTwjpcDv14SEwVxulym7Ci7Saz7nU_YRoCde0QAvD_BwE

Lucky bugger! 😁

Based on the information from shippingmycar.co.uk I wouldnt ahve to pay Duty or Tax if I own the car for over 6 months, I have already been out the country for over 12 months, so no issue there.

• Like 1

Just now, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

Will you take a bank transfer via Western Union and keep one on your drive for a year and bring it back with you? 🤣

I wish I could.

I am actually not sure how many cars you can use this 12 months out the country for. I would also be taken back my 350Z Nismo, so hoping it works for both.

2 hours ago, dean_asla said:

Based on the information from shippingmycar.co.uk I wouldnt ahve to pay Duty or Tax if I own the car for over 6 months, I have already been out the country for over 12 months, so no issue there.

Lucky bugger. Might go teach English for a year once ive got enough lol...Save £8,000 

More than 1 car you might be liable check...what if it was your Wife/GF car. 1 per person

Edited by GranTurismoEra

58 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Lucky bugger. Might go teach English for a year once ive got enough lol...Save £8,000 

More than 1 car you might be liable check...what if it was your Wife/GF car. 1 per person

Unfortunetly, she doesnt have a driving license. Something to worry about at a later date though, As it stands I only have one car to worry about :) 

23 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

New York Time Square

2 things from this video:

The new car has much much less pronounced wheel arches compared to the 370z. The darker colours will "slim" down the car even more. Def less muscular but more beautiful (no homo) at the same time

Yellow > Blue. If one is bringing one over here with the wait, expense etc then best to get something that doesnt resemble anything at the price point. This would be four times less the cost 

maxresdefault.jpg

2 hours ago, dean_asla said:

Unfortunetly, she doesnt have a driving license. Something to worry about at a later date though, As it stands I only have one car to worry about :) 

Pretty sure you don't need a driving license to own a car. And it's not like you'll be driving it back here... ;)

1 hour ago, hmale4yu said:

2 things from this video:

The new car has much much less pronounced wheel arches compared to the 370z. The darker colours will "slim" down the car even more. Def less muscular but more beautiful (no homo) at the same time

Yellow > Blue. If one is bringing one over here with the wait, expense etc then best to get something that doesnt resemble anything at the price point. This would be four times less the cost 

maxresdefault.jpg

I do like that Blue though. I know im most likely would prefer white but this shape suits blue or grey more. Yellow might appeal to kids asking their parents for a Lego version. The pearl yellow doesn't do the car justice. 

The car is already going to be a rarity in UK. So no issues there. 

58 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

I do like that Blue though. I know im most likely would prefer white but this shape suits blue or grey more. Yellow might appeal to kids asking their parents for a Lego version. The pearl yellow doesn't do the car justice. 

The car is already going to be a rarity in UK. So no issues there. 

Close call. Depends what kind of look one is going for. The pearl yellow makes it look more exotic/supercar-ish. White is a Nismo colour . The darker colours will make the car slimmer then it is - as mentioned it is longer but narrower then the 370z by losing those muscular wheel arches. Passion red is nice but only Italians stuff like Alfas, Ferraris can pull it off. Same way how a z4 or TT don't pull off red. Silver looks smart. Just think that due to the rarity on UK roads it's best to just go for it 

Just now, hmale4yu said:

Close call. Depends what kind of look one is going for. The pearl yellow makes it look more exotic/supercar-ish. White is a Nismo colour . The darker colours will make the car slimmer then it is - as mentioned it is longer but narrower then the 370z by losing those muscular wheel arches. Passion red is nice but only Italians stuff like Alfas, Ferraris can pull it off. Same way how a z4 or TT don't pull off red. Silver looks smart. Just think that due to the rarity on UK roads it's best to just go for it and get something unique

5 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

Pretty sure you don't need a driving license to own a car. And it's not like you'll be driving it back here... ;)

Its about owning the car for 6 months in Japan, to save the tax and duty costs when I take it back.

In Japan you have to have a licence to register a car, meaning her not having a licence would not allow me to have it under her name. 

14 hours ago, dean_asla said:

Its about owning the car for 6 months in Japan, to save the tax and duty costs when I take it back.

In Japan you have to have a licence to register a car, meaning her not having a licence would not allow me to have it under her name. 

Ah, okay then that’s a fair obstacle. I stand corrected! :lol:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ShortPaul said:

I think the front bumper on the new z and the headlights are looking very much like the new GR 86 dont if anyone else has the same opinion 

I think its more 370 Nismo at the front for the GR86. I saw a pov review from TheTopher. The amount of chutter coming from the Engine, seems like its a media car thats been ragged

8 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

I think the front bumper on the new z and the headlights are looking very much like the new GR 86 dont if anyone else has the same opinion 

I think the running light on the bottom of the headlights and the big open area on the bumper mkaes it look more similar than it actually is.

I don't like the mesh on the Z bumper, its something I would hope there is an aftermarket solution for. 

• 3 weeks later...

They can't even sell the Renault-favoured A110 in enough quantity to make it sustainable, so I doubt anyone from Renault said that at all. Besides, why would they say it's definitely not coming and then back track? Far better to say they're looking at it and keep interest up rather than have a potential buyer give up and buy another car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1