First breakdown - 13 years in!

AK350Z

Hi guys, hope you're all well!

Sad to report the Zed finally blotted it's copybook after 13 years of ownership!

Clutch slave cylinder went on my 35k mile garage queen, probably just the rubber perished from lack of use 😂.

Anyway I had to get recovered from Newcastle - which took 8 hours on a Friday evening- and back to the garage and home.

All sorted with uprated slave from Torquen, and did the clutch while the box was off, because you might as well eh?

All back to normal now ( this was a few months ago), and although I'm only doing a couple of thousand miles a year max, I still always enjoy getting it out so it's probably going to get buried with me at this rate! 

This was the only big bill it's ever given me, apart from it's 10 year big service and Uprev at Abbey, but that was elective so can hardly complain.

Edited by AK350Z
  • Like 1

Hi Andy - good to hear you and your Zed - always admired your car and it has served you well.

Thought one of your last pics was deserved here so those  who do not know the car can see what a stunner it is.

20180726_154257.jpg

Hi Colin, hope you're well. Presumably you've had a few motors in the intervening years since we last met!

No sign of any gallery issues yet, pressure is still as good as when it was new.

Here's a more recent pic....

PXL_20201016_203231670~2.jpg

Edited by AK350Z
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DoogyRev said:

Hi Andy, Sorry to hear you have had a bit of trouble, glad its all fixed though. 

Car looks great . . . even on the back of a flatbed 

Anything to keep the miles off mate :D