Is this a good deal?

MarkRassam

19 hours ago, MarkRassam said:

Hi again, since you were all so helpful on that car I thought I would get your thoughts on another: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/517570479471508/

Unfortunately after speaking with the owner of the car he's already arranged to sell the car to someone else, which is a big shame because I was keen on it. He was using his wife's Facebook account and she kept forgetting to respond to my messages so I guess I got unlucky. 

But this one is a lot cheaper. It's also blue which is probably my preferred colour. 

Would appreciate any thoughts on it :)

What about Pete's?

Hi all selling my 350 - Zeds For Sale - 350Z & 370Z UK (350z-uk.com)

Haven’t had time to read all your thread but given you are at Uni and not driving it much are you aware of the tax on the car ?. Low mileage can be a negative if things haven’t been checked thoroughly by you or someone who knows about these cars. Don’t get sucked in by the fact it’s not been driven, could he red flag. It’s a bit toppy on price imho too.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

As above, if its been sat that can be worse than one that's been used as a daily. Dry seals and gaskets perish might not rear its head for a few 100 miles but when it does, it will be pricey. 

Always better to buy a higher mileage car that's been look after than a low miler that's sat neglected. :thumbs:

• Like 1

No longer available. Yep, better safe than sorry. London insurance prices are high. 6 to 8k miles per year is about right for a Z. Low mileage is great if genuine but then not always a good thing for a car to just sit and sit

I'm waiting till Winter to pick up a GT 370. Id wait a bit. Prices right now are exaggerated. You can still get some deals privately. 350 prices are high at the moment.

Didnt cross my mind to get a Z at uni, i had to build up no claims being in London. If the 350 is 500 to insure then get a 350...Id go for the DE only thing is rust.

Once again thanks for all your help everyone I really value your advice!

Do you guys know anything about how easy / expensive it is to replace a bearing? This car came on the market today but it has a little issue with it: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/214261327375936/

If it's a relatively easy or cheap fix it could be a good deal considering it's a HR. The dark blue is quite nice too. 

8 hours ago, MarkRassam said:

Once again thanks for all your help everyone I really value your advice!

Do you guys know anything about how easy / expensive it is to replace a bearing? This car came on the market today but it has a little issue with it: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/214261327375936/

If it's a relatively easy or cheap fix it could be a good deal considering it's a HR. The dark blue is quite nice too. 

Updated listing: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/214261327375936/

Looks tidy enough, not immaculate but tidy. 

Like Ekona says, until the gearbox is in pieces you can't know for sure what the problem is so budget for worst case scenario. 

There's a few questions I'd want answering before viewing such as-

Has it been remapped and had the post cat O2 sensors turned off since fitting the HFCs? (Otherwise you might get an intermittent EML) 

Is there any paperwork to show it actually has been serviced "privately" since 2019?

Also that windscreen chip looks too big to be repaired to me, so I'd also budget whatever your insurance windscreen excess is to get the whole thing replaced. 

Other than that it looks like an honest and well priced advert.