aftermarket seats / 370z floor mount frames query

madcat

Since my car came with cloth seats, I planned to fit leather recaro cs seats like the later nismos, but I have found Braum seats that look very similar in several sites. Now I see they are covered in leatherette, rather than proper leather of the recaro cs's, so I'm wondering: 

1. Anyone who has fitted Braum's, what are they like for comfort and wear?

2. If you use the Planted floor brackets to mount the Braum seats, are you now sitting higher or lower than the std nissan seats?

3. Any uk suppliers for 370z floor mounting frames, other than Planted?

Thanks in advance for any info / advice! Mike.

Edited by madcat
Looking for more advice if possible...

There was an owner at the Midlands meet who had a lovely set of leatherette Braums and said he was very happy with the finish and comfort.

His are recliners which he said we're so much nicer than fixed buckets.

Not sure if he's on here much but I know he's on the Facebook Zed group.

IMG_20210704_105415.jpg

IMG_20210704_102541.jpg

• Like 1

On 18/07/2021 at 22:35, madcat said:

Since my car came with cloth seats, I planned to fit leather recaro cs seats like the later nismos, but I have found Braum seats that look very similar in several sites. Now I see they are covered in leatherette, rather than proper leather of the recaro cs's, so I'm wondering has anyone one on here, fitted Braum's and what are they like for comfort and wear? 

seats_braum_gtitrim.jpg

Hi,

The BRAUM seats are super good quality and very comfy, especially considering the price of them compared to some of the seats out there. We've been a BRAUM dealer since 2017 and have imported hundreds in the UK and Europe. We've not had any issues whatsoever in terms of wear or poor quality and found them to be really good seats. 

You can have a look at the full range here: https://www.torqen.uk/1398-braum

Feel free to drop me a PM if you have any questions or if you'd like me to check the lead time on any of them. 

• Like 1

On 22/07/2021 at 11:59, Coz@TORQEN said:

Hi,

The BRAUM seats are super good quality and very comfy, especially considering the price of them compared to some of the seats out there. We've been a BRAUM dealer since 2017 and have imported hundreds in the UK and Europe. We've not had any issues whatsoever in terms of wear or poor quality and found them to be really good seats. 

You can have a look at the full range here: https://www.torqen.uk/1398-braum

Feel free to drop me a PM if you have any questions or if you'd like me to check the lead time on any of them. 

Will send you a pm now fella.

18 hours ago, madcat said:

Cheers, I'll give him a shout.

Thats your best bet, speak to some who has tried and tested these seats, a salesmen would sell them to you regardless, no disrespect to torqen

Edited by ShortPaul

41 minutes ago, ShortPaul said:

Thats your best bet, speak to some who has tried and tested these seats, a salesmen would sell them to you regardless, no disrespect to torqen

lol. Cheers lad. I have been googling the american forum, and they seem to rate them, but no one really saying if they are higher or lower than the oem seats. I have fired a pm to torqen for availability, as their prices are lowest I've found so far, but those cobra misanos not bad either hmmmm

20 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

I'm not a fan of those braums there's better seats out there for the budget or close to it 

They are Chinese specials if you do a little research 

I went for the recaro cs on recaro rails 

20210516_131351.jpg

20210516_131320.jpg

Sooooo much want! My heart says yes, my bank account says nah,hence the braums :(

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

I'm not a fan of those braums there's better seats out there for the budget or close to it 

They are Chinese specials if you do a little research 

I went for the recaro cs on recaro rails 

20210516_131351.jpg

20210516_131320.jpg

Are those the seats with the new covers that you fitted

To muddy the waters even more, I've just seen these mono speeds ( an old seat according to my google search), but just been retrimmed in  leatherette and suede. Not sure if abit girlie for a black 370z?!!!!! Anyone remember if these were decent or crap to sit in, back in the day?

seats_monospeed.jpg

Not sure about girly, but they’re bloody awful. 

To me, this all sounds like you need to take a trip to GSM in Nottingham and actually sit in a few different seats first, as what looks pretty isn’t always comfortable. That’s what I did before quickly realising that the Recaro Pole Positions were worth every penny over a cheaper seat, but you may well find that the alternative is true for you. 

A seat has to be comfortable first and foremost as it’s your primary connection to the car itself. Get that wrong and you’ll hate the car, even if the seat is pretty, and you can’t decide comfort from someone else’s opinion and some pictures. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ekona said:

Not sure about girly, but they’re bloody awful. 

To me, this all sounds like you need to take a trip to GSM in Nottingham and actually sit in a few different seats first, as what looks pretty isn’t always comfortable. That’s what I did before quickly realising that the Recaro Pole Positions were worth every penny over a cheaper seat, but you may well find that the alternative is true for you. 

A seat has to be comfortable first and foremost as it’s your primary connection to the car itself. Get that wrong and you’ll hate the car, even if the seat is pretty, and you can’t decide comfort from someone else’s opinion and some pictures. 

All fair points, however being stuck over in N.Ireland, with hardly any companies over here having seats f0r me to try, I find online forums are / have been great over the years, getting feedback on various stuff, before I order. On a side note, I run recaro poles in my mx5 weekend / trackday car,and they are brilliant, after trying them in a friends audi, I've also already tried a corbeau of similar style to the recaro previously, and funnily enough have just emailed GSM this morning about them, but no-one over here, seems to have the Braums, for me to try, hence why I was looking feedback.  Those white seats might appeal to someone else on here! lol

Edited by madcat

13 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

They look really good, was it expensive to do if you don't mind me asking 😁

Not massively covers are from amx performance £460 and foams are from capital seating in Leicester 

The key is to pick the recaros up at the right price to make it economically viable 

• Thanks 1

Finally found a supplier with seats actually in stock, and be over here in N.I, in a few days, so now hoping someone knows of anyone / a company who makes 370z seat floor mounts, that I can fit my seat sliders to. I could order Planted mounts, but they are 4 weeks minimum, so hoping someone in uk, could be alot quicker, or has even has a 2nd hand pair for sale? Cheers.

• madcat changed the title to aftermarket seats / 370z floor mount frames query
11 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

can take the ferry boris will soon build the bridge 👀

Auld Boris can't even build a bridge to Dominic, to stop his touting to the media every couple days......

• Haha 1

A wee shout out to VIP Motorsport. Braum suppliers in the uk, and actually had a few seats in stock, when 3 or 4 other suppliers were quoting anything from 3 weeks to 14 weeks. Ordered Monday morning, and arrived over here in N.Ireland today. Very nicely made seats on close inspection, and don't judge me, but watched the news sitting on 1 of them for a hour, and actually felt rather nice. Definitely gets my vote, if anyone else is considering these seats. Will get pics up, once I get 370z mounts, and them in the car.....