It's Been a Long Time; Thought I'd Pop My Head In To Say Hello :)

Husky

Man, whenever I decide to have a look at the old 350z forum, it feels like the last time I did so was maybe 8 months ago...  Turns out every time it's 3 or more years since the last.  Every time I recognise less people but it still has the same kinda atmosphere it did over a decade ago when I first joined, helpful and friendly.  I see many things have changed, and then changed again between my visits; looks like there have been a few rotations of moderators, and even admin.  It's always nice to see people willing to put in the work for their hobby and keep everyone in line, much like the old mods and admin did for me back in the day 😛

So, hello to those new people who are enjoying the hobby in its early days, and hello to those of us who have creakier knees than when we first met :)

I remember the jockland hoon and deciding that me and a mate would camp while you lot rented your posh cabins, it then pi**ed it down all night long soaking us right through, I'm surprised you didn't find two solid blocks of ice in the field.  I ran a meet or two in the west midlands where we got some awesome weather and I remember some members were quite fond of the local barmaids.  I ran a business here too, I was terrible at it!  I really just wanted to enjoy building things, modifying the car in unique new ways, and share it with you guys, I'm not sure what lead me down the road of making the least profitable business ever, but I did it for a while.  I hope any guides I made stood the test of time and still help people, and even better if they've been built upon by members as I wrote them specifically for the community to own.  God I hope any mods I did for people on their cars worked out ok, people are always so polite they never say anything and I'd always been paranoid they'd just stop working for no reason.  Oh, can't forget that time I lost track of the car ahead of me in that West Midlands meet and completely diverted the entire tail of the convoy the wrong way, prematurely ending the meet, so embarrassing (in my defence, he did gun through the lights).  And that time when a bunch of us treated this forum as more of a social club than a hobby-centric forum, then all the mods and admin after multiple requests for us to stop got super pi**ed and made "The Skip" which got renamed to "The Green Room" later as a compromise, tossing all of our crap into that area which didn't show up on the front page.  Overall I think I worked out my 350z cost me £25000 in two years that I'd never see again, that's fuel, tax, mods, repairs, depreciation, everything; but you can't really put a price on the people you meet or the experiences you share.

I spent an inordinate amount of time on this forum, and to try and mention all the old timers I met and the friends I made would be next to impossible.  So, you know who you are, even if we didn't necessarily see eye to eye back then, it was likely due to me being an arse, and for that I apologise. 

I made some life long friends here, and I hope everyone who visits will be as fortunate as me, no matter how briefly they swing by.

Much love,

John

• Like 4

Hi John :wave: Well I remember you (renowned stainless steel exhaust polisher, amongst other things you did for members) well, but maybe you may not  remember this (very) old ex-mod  :wheelchair: no, not quite in the wheelchair yet and still remember with great fondness the Jockland Hoons and Welsh road trips that seem a long time ago.  

But as you say, it is great that the forum is still going strong and in very capable hands and I am always following what members, new and old are doing, as my 10 years of so with two 350's and then a 370 gave me some great memories as they were something special during my fifty six years of car ownership. 

So good to see another member from the very beginning of the forum in 2006, looking in here again.:thumbs:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HEADPHONES said:

Good to see you back Husky.

Like you say.

Time just flies by:wave:

:wave:

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Hello stranger :wave:

26 minutes ago, Ebized said:

Hi John :wave: Well I remember you (renowned stainless steel exhaust polisher, amongst other things you did for members) well, but maybe you may not  remember this (very) old ex-mod  :wheelchair: no, not quite in the wheelchair yet and still remember with great fondness the Jockland Hoons and Welsh road trips that seem a long time ago.  

But as you say, it is great that the forum is still going strong and in very capable hands and I am always following what members, new and old are doing, as my 10 years of so with two 350's and then a 370 gave me some great memories as they were something special during my fifty six years of car ownership. 

So good to see another member from the very beginning of the forum in 2006, looking in here again.:thumbs:

Haha of course I remember you! :wave: Sorry if I ever caused any hassle for yo.!
I haven't owned another zed, so only the one for me; got a few years to go before mid life crisis kicks in and I've still got the Celica hiding in the garage, maybe I'll have another one day, who knows.

1 minute ago, spursmaddave said:

14 hours ago, ATTAK Z said:

Hi Husky ... you still with Jaguar LR ?

Nah, I tossed that and moved back home to Scotland, I found our work styles and methodologies didn't blend well.

14 hours ago, coldel said:

Hey!! Celica GT4 😉

4 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

Hi john, i can still remember you from years ago, glad to hear you're keeping well 

9 hours ago, spursmaddave said:

I remember driving up to your place and getting all the orange lights on my dash changed for white leds, probably my favourite 350z mod... :)

DAVE! Where the truck have you been? Hope you are keeping well my friend?

• Like 1

On 21/07/2021 at 06:07, spursmaddave said:

I remember driving up to your place and getting all the orange lights on my dash changed for white leds, probably my favourite 350z mod... :)

I remember thinking "Oh we'll take a little break" and driving around randomly, which took WAY longer than I intended, to which the local chippy only had like fish cakes left.  I think about it often and want to apologise :blush:

9 hours ago, P15UL T said:

Hey old timer. I still pop in here from time to time. My zeditus never went away and currently have 4x 350z's here :lol:

4!  Jesus haha, definitely embracing that addiction

On 24/07/2021 at 20:54, Husky said:

I remember thinking "Oh we'll take a little break" and driving around randomly, which took WAY longer than I intended, to which the local chippy only had like fish cakes left.  I think about it often and want to apologise :blush:

Don't worry I looooove fishcakes 😊

• Haha 1