370z Nismo buying query

NismoCal

Hi all,

Looking to buy a 370z Nismo and went to see this one which is local to me. It has a few modifications and I was wondering if it's possible to know whether it is a genuine nismo or a replica? Can you tell via vin or logbook? Link below. 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202106083596669?advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=Pa48tl&model=370 Z&sort=distance&page=1&aggregatedTrim=Nismo&make=NISSAN&include-delivery-option=on

Thanks 

Cal

Hi Looking at it, it looks like a Nismo. The only thing is the front DRL's are missing. These could have been taken out due to their cost to be honest. If it's a fake someone has gone to a lot of trouble to get all the Nismo goodies inside the cabin also.

• Thanks 1

Wonder if the doorsill sticker would have the Nismo badging on it? Easiest way to marry up the VIN with the Nismo trim but get the dealer to validate it with Nissan for you. 

With the Nismo tachometer and trim, I doubt its a "fake". 

I'm sure the DRL's are technically a MOT failure. If a car has had DRL's, it's meant to keep them permanently, removing them is a MOT failure. Not sure when DRL's became a legal requirement on newly registered cars? 

12 minutes ago, NismoCal said:

It still has DRLs within the headlight unit, which is what originally made me question the authenticity. 

Thanks all for the responses.

It doesn't look like it. But if you go and look at it you will be able to turn them on and look. My original reply was they might have been taken out as they're really expensive to replace. They might have got damaged or just stopped working. So they were removed.

8 minutes ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

It doesn't look like it. But if you go and look at it you will be able to turn them on and look. My original reply was they might have been taken out as they're really expensive to replace. They might have got damaged or just stopped working. So they were removed.

Thanks. I went to view it earlier and was really nice. Just had some niggling queries so thought I'd check in with a forum since I don't know much about Nissans. When he switched the car on the DRLs came on in the headlight unit, could be aftermarket though I guess?

54 minutes ago, NismoCal said:

It still has DRLs within the headlight unit, which is what originally made me question the authenticity. 

Thanks all for the responses.

I don't see anything on the inner black strip of the lights, were the DRL's halo lights? Were they circular/ring like you get on the older BMWs? 

I would say its a genuine Nismo, looks like they have spent a good few quid on personalising it too.

As said before, may have been a front ender or they simply wanted a different look and modified it. Be aware the wheels have been painted and to put them back to stock a diamond cut will set you back at least £160 per wheel plus and paint colour/work you choose. 

Hi mate just been looking at the pics of the nismo in question. If you look at pic 9, there's quite a gap where the front bumper joins the front wing, also the small arch extensions that are exclusive to the nismo have also been removed, the bonnet where it meets the front bumper on the left, the gap is different to the right hand side

Edited by ShortPaul
  • Like 2

Having owned one I would agree it’s a genuine Nismo. But I smell a front end prang and a aftermarket bumper and poor panel gaps in the repair.  Walk away…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, NismoCal said:

Not seen a white one in person but happy to travel for a car and seen a few in white down south to go look at in the next few weeks.🙂

White is 100% the best colour, not biased in anyway :)

Honestly though, photos don't do it justice looks great in the sunlight and even better at dusk ;)

• Like 1

On 18/07/2021 at 21:56, NismoCal said:

Thanks all, agree with what you say so walked away. Shame as it's the only red one I've seen for sale and quite preferred it to the white!

Few weeks ago there was red one for sale at 24k...Wait till September October...Prices are silly...Some just sitting there at a silly prices

Problem with white if you get a prang the paint will be mismatched as its 3 stage paint..... only so much blending they can do. Id buy an electronic paint tester. All panels should be close in paint thickness if it hasnt had a repair or filler. Little trick i learnt from BCA...

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Few weeks ago there was red one for sale at 24k...Wait till September October...Prices are silly...Some just sitting there at a silly prices

Problem with white if you get a prang the paint will be mismatched as its 3 stage paint..... only so much blending they can do. Id buy an electronic paint tester. All panels should be close in paint thickness if it hasnt had a repair or filler. Little trick i learnt from BCA...

Thanks for the advice!

Had a look through the forum and the one I posted used to be owned by a member on here, Kharmon, by the looks of it but no build thread so probably won't ever find out why the leds were removed! 

Looking to buy by September so will hold off for just now and see what comes up!