Best wax,sealant,ceramic coat for black paint,

SPAXY

i have a black 350z,and paint work is in good condition,but im after a product for a deep gloss shine for black,prefferable hand appliction as dont have machine polisher.any suggestions from you guys,much appriciated.

Edited by SPAXY

Budget?

What prep are you doing?

The vast majority of your gloss will come from prep - i.e. a deep clean (clay, fallout, paint cleaner, the works) and proper machine polish. If you're just slapping wax on without much/any prep then you won't get much gloss outside of any SiO2 based coating.

That said, with answers to these two questions I can probably give you something useful to work with. Budget is important though. :lol:

been researching machine polishers,

15 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

Budget?

What prep are you doing?

The vast majority of your gloss will come from prep - i.e. a deep clean (clay, fallout, paint cleaner, the works) and proper machine polish. If you're just slapping wax on without much/any prep then you won't get much gloss outside of any SiO2 based coating.

That said, with answers to these two questions I can probably give you something useful to work with. Budget is important though. :lol:

been researching machine polishers,definitely makes sense to prep first,also been looking at do-do juice range and auto finesse polish/wax range aswell.

It depends entirely on your budget.

You can get fair results on tighter budget without a machine polish, if you're using the right products and a lot of effort to polish by hand (depending on how much correction the car needs).

Alternatively you can get incredible results if you empty your bank account and buy everything you'll ever need.

Or you can pay someone to do it for you.

As an example, Poorboys Natty's Blue Paste Wax for about £17 will give you a similar finish to Auto Finesse Desire for £120.

For the £100 difference, you could get a decent polish, hand polishing pad, clay, fallout remover, pre-wax cleaner and £43 change to go towards the wash stage (depending on what you already have) and/or upgrades.

image.png.e53f89f39cded0bff3728830f25d3479.png

Or, you could spend £200 on a pretty basic, and slightly incomplete, machine polishing kit that would be good enough to get you started;

image.png.3e5a022543b555f34ae2e083eb57e722.png

I've chucked a coating (Can Coat) in there in place of the wax, because that'll give you far superior gloss (although less depth) at a reasonable price point.

I could happily spend hundreds of your pounds, as stated that kit is fairly basic. That's why it's important to have a budget in mind, because there's always something else.

It also depends on the time you have available, where you'll be working (indoors or outdoors - you don't want to be using Can Coat if you don't have a garage to store the car whilst it cures, for example), what you already have, etc, etc.

Dodo Juice waxes are pretty reasonable, don't get suckered into the colour charged marketing though - on a black car in particular it'll make absolutely zero difference. Once you get over that, the range is much of a muchness, there's no big differences between the waxes that you'll notice unless they're used side-by-side. That said Blue Velvet usually lasts longest for me.

Auto Finesse also produce good products, their pre-wax cleaners/AIO's in particular. Their waxes are okay, depending on what you're prepared to spend, but they've always been more of a boutique brand so you can find less flashy products that work just as well for a fraction of the price (Poorboys, for exmple). That said, if you're willing to pay, they're not bad products by any stretch of the imagination.

I would caveat that with saying that I don't think Desire is worth that price, good as it is, though. :lol:

21 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

It depends entirely on your budget.

You can get fair results on tighter budget without a machine polish, if you're using the right products and a lot of effort to polish by hand (depending on how much correction the car needs).

Alternatively you can get incredible results if you empty your bank account and buy everything you'll ever need.

Or you can pay someone to do it for you.

As an example, Poorboys Natty's Blue Paste Wax for about £17 will give you a similar finish to Auto Finesse Desire for £120.

For the £100 difference, you could get a decent polish, hand polishing pad, clay, fallout remover, pre-wax cleaner and £43 change to go towards the wash stage (depending on what you already have) and/or upgrades.

image.png.e53f89f39cded0bff3728830f25d3479.png

Or, you could spend £200 on a pretty basic, and slightly incomplete, machine polishing kit that would be good enough to get you started;

image.png.3e5a022543b555f34ae2e083eb57e722.png

I've chucked a coating (Can Coat) in there in place of the wax, because that'll give you far superior gloss (although less depth) at a reasonable price point.

I could happily spend hundreds of your pounds, as stated that kit is fairly basic. That's why it's important to have a budget in mind, because there's always something else.

It also depends on the time you have available, where you'll be working (indoors or outdoors - you don't want to be using Can Coat if you don't have a garage to store the car whilst it cures, for example), what you already have, etc, etc.

Dodo Juice waxes are pretty reasonable, don't get suckered into the colour charged marketing though - on a black car in particular it'll make absolutely zero difference. Once you get over that, the range is much of a muchness, there's no big differences between the waxes that you'll notice unless they're used side-by-side. That said Blue Velvet usually lasts longest for me.

Auto Finesse also produce good products, their pre-wax cleaners/AIO's in particular. Their waxes are okay, depending on what you're prepared to spend, but they've always been more of a boutique brand so you can find less flashy products that work just as well for a fraction of the price (Poorboys, for exmple). That said, if you're willing to pay, they're not bad products by any stretch of the imagination.

I would caveat that with saying that I don't think Desire is worth that price, good as it is, though. :lol:

Wow that’s amazing bud. Thanks so much for the information much appreciated.