Lotus Emira finally showcased

coldel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Comparing the stats with the new Z. Different price bracket but similar power.

Emira uses Toyota 3.5L engine Supercharged with 309ft lbs/420nm and 395hp-400hp. Acceleration is rated at 4.3. 1405kg (dry) 

Z uses the Infiniti 3.0L Twin Turbo Engine producing 350ft lbs and 400hp. Acceleration is rated at 15% more (Nissan claim). Putting it at 4.3 for the manual and around 4 seconds for the Automatic. 1475kg (claimed)

In real world terms its probably going to be 4.6 for the manual in ideal conditions and 4.0 for the auto Z. The Automatic Emira only comes with the less powerful 4 cylinder from AMG. 

There will be many factors that give Lotus an edge. Weight being the key. Meaning the Lotus is marginally faster in a straight line but could disappear on the track. Id like to see a comparison between the two.

I think the weight and gearing could give the lotus a huge pull at higher speeds and bends. The 9 speed in the Z may actually be effective in that area of higher speed long straights along with the twin turbos. Although the Z carries more weight. That penalizes it in the pickup from low speeds despite more torque its carrying a lot more kg.

Lotus being lighter maybe has some black magic. £75,999 is a different price range altogether and superior looks. 

The 4 cylinder is out next Autumn should be lighter along with the Base in 2023..4 cylinder will be lighter than the V6 Lotus im sure with 360hp its very close to the V6

Edited by GranTurismoEra

The Z wouldn’t even see which way the Emira went. Unless Lotus sent all their engineers out for coffee and let the work experience lads and Mabel the tea lady have a go, what you are looking at is probably the finest driver’s car this side of… well, an Elise.

The finance deals touted for these are spectacular too, I can see these selling out very quickly. 

• Like 1

On 01/10/2021 at 07:31, Ekona said:

The Z wouldn’t even see which way the Emira went. Unless Lotus sent all their engineers out for coffee and let the work experience lads and Mabel the tea lady have a go, what you are looking at is probably the finest driver’s car this side of… well, an Elise.

The finance deals touted for these are spectacular too, I can see these selling out very quickly. 

To be honest, none of us are capable of driving our cars at 100% so comparing tenths of a second car to car is irrelevant for us joe public - however in my experience a lighter car makes for a more fun car to drive which is where I would expect the Emira to have a pretty big edge over the new Z as you know the set up and chassis if Lotus stick to being Lotus will be amazing. 

I am on a Lotus FB page and so many people have slung their deposits down - basically you are getting something that looks and goes like a super car for well under £100k and a brand which has plenty of 'cool' to go with it to not concern it with badge snobbery. 

• Like 2