Lotus Emira finally showcased

coldel

It’s a bit generic to my eyes. When I first saw a picture of it I had no idea it was a Lotus, in fact I assumed it was some new random Dutch/Swedish/Russian company launching a copycat Ferrari/McLaren style thing. 

Not convinced about it being a physically bigger car than the Cayman either, that being said I’m sure it’ll be nothing less than brilliant if you can put up with the usual Lotus foibles. 

Someone said on Youtube that theyll wait to pick it up for £30,000 👀....youll be waiting a while. Then when the ICE ban hits theyll wonder why they didnt get it at £45k with a few miles.

Even though they are aiming for mass market it may not be the case here. maybe in the US and other markets.

Some people may not see it as anything special. End of the day I see only a few lotuses per year. Theyll get a few more sales but is it going to be significantly more than Alpine for example. Ill wait for the sales figures.

6 hours ago, marzman said:

Jeez, under £60k?  Im having one of those if it looks as good in the flesh as it does in the pics!

I suspect dealer markup or is that a thing in UK...Its a bargain if £60,000 fully configured "present card now and add delivery"

Get it in red or black, and youd fool a few people to thinkin its a new Ferrari 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Alpine just doesn’t have the provenance - it was never going to succeed here in particular. 

Certainly if you were previously thinking cayman you didn’t really have much else to compete with it at that money, now you have the masters of handling and control putting a car out there that has strong cues from both the Evija and the Evora and subsequently has looks that let’s be frank makes Porsche aesthetically very ordinary to look at.

I think you are right Colin, Alpibe might see their sales drop from 5 a year to about 2 or 3! But Porsche should be worried as it has owned this segment for some time 

22 hours ago, Ekona said:

It’s a bit generic to my eyes. When I first saw a picture of it I had no idea it was a Lotus, in fact I assumed it was some new random Dutch/Swedish/Russian company launching a copycat Ferrari/McLaren style thing. 

Not convinced about it being a physically bigger car than the Cayman either, that being said I’m sure it’ll be nothing less than brilliant if you can put up with the usual Lotus foibles. 

Pretty much my thoughts. If this was 2010 it would look somewhat innovative but nothing we havnt seen before in 2021. That said it isn't ugly 

I really like it. unfortunately I think it's likely that the £60k price will be for the 4-cylinder DCT with the supercharged V6 manual being significantly more.

Also, I fear for TVR. How many people will now be contacted them for their Griffith deposits back? I know the Emira is possibly heavier and less powerful but it's also cheaper. You're still getting a piece of British sports car history which will never be repeated, and that may be what the TVR buyers were wanting and still waiting for.

• Like 1

interesting from Jenson Button video. DCT is only available with AMG 4 pot. and traditional Auto for V6. Maybe im wrong...

The Good is the Toyota V6 gets the Manual gearbox. People are saying a Toyota engine never sounded better. If the engine is the Camry V6 its the engine that should have gone in the Supra

Im thinking the Supercharger is adding 70hp roughly

Edited by GranTurismoEra