Battery maintenance charging set ups

RDON

HI fellow zed friends.

need some advice on recommended battery maintenance chargers and set ups. not been running the zed enough so been having issues with the battery going flat.

so looking for a battery maintenance charger that I can permanently have connectors wired up in the zed so i can just plug in every now and then.

look forward to some informed/experienced information.

I have a couple of CTEK MXS 5.0`s on the cars which I dont use on a daily basis just to keep them topped up. Its quite a clever battery charger and monitors the battery condition. It can even revive some completely dead batteries. You can hardwire a connector to the battery so you just plug it in. Or, if the cigar socket allows, you can get a cigar adapter and just charge it through there. I do it both ways on my cars.  I think i paid about £60 or so for mine.

Previously I have also used £15 LIDL / ALDI chargers to do the same with good results.

• Like 1

My ctek brought my Sunny battery back to life. Didn't drive for 2 weeks and prior to that a couple short 2/3 mins journeys really didn't help. One Saturday morning wouldn't start, 350z to the rescue providing a jump start. Did a 20min journey and then a 30mins journey. 2 days later wouldn't start. Ctek on recon mode overnight and the car starts up like a good'un - £68 saved 

• Like 2

My sons at uni in America so I got a cheap maypole trickle charger for his c2 and it started first time after 6 months. It normally goes flat in a week or 2 if it’s left.

not sure what I’m going to do with it this winter as the Zed’s getting the garage 😂

I bought a CTEK MXS 7.0 during lockdown and it's been spot on for trickle charging. The connectors are really good - I just disconnect, and tuck them inside the bay when I want to go for a drive.

ok so I went for the optimate 5 and seems to be decent and has brought back the battery that I took out of the Zed. also ordered an extension cable so now I can permantley fix what came with the charger into the engine bay and then just connect extension cable which will reach into the garage so I can connect and keep things locked etc.

thanks for all your feedback guys.