Up to date recommended 370z coilovers options

madcat

Hi folks,

Slowing tickling my new to me 370z to the way I want her, and now the new low offset wheels have arrived, I've realised I don't like the nose heavy look of the eibach 20mm lowering springs, now the 20" gtrs are off the car. I presently run bc coilovers on my daily mx5, and the mx5 before it, so want to fit coilovers onto the 370z. Now when checking this suspension page, any coilover reviews are quite old now, so after seeing all the options on Tarmac's site, I'm hoping someone can give me their opinions on the up to date coilover options, recently fitted?

I see Tarmac are doing :

1. BC coilovers 10kg F / 8kg R  or  12kg F / 10kg R options. Anyone running the harder option?

2. HSD 11kg F / 10kg R

3. Tein Flex Z 14kg F / 12kg R

Open to suggestions / feedback on any other recently fitted coilovers.

Cheers in advance,

Mike.

mine1.jpg

Edited by madcat
fine tuning my shortlist

I've had BC Coilovers on mine for the past 3 years now and they have been absolutely brilliant. I've fitted BC's to a few other cars I've owned, my missus' car and a few of my friends and they're always top notch for the price you pay so I'd definitely say BC is the way to go!

As for spring rates, it depends on what you use the car for and how soft you want it to be. I personally found the 10k/8k set up a nice improvement over stock but still certainly a little bit soft for me personally. I then made the switch to a 16k front spring and 12k rear (Custom spring rates from BC) and found that to be much more suited to how i believe they should feel. I didn't notice any real difference in comfort but the car felt far more planted when pushing it.

If it were me looking at those options, I'd personally go with BC's with the stiffer 12k/10k option!

• Like 1

Thanks Silverthorn. Great info! Have to say my several sets of BCs on previous mx5s and present, have all been rock solid with no leaks, and funnily enough, I was thinking of going the 12k/10k route, but was scared it would be too hard for the state of the pot holey roads all over the place at minute.

On 30/06/2021 at 16:54, Silverthorn said:

@madcat No problem! 370's aren't the lightest of cars anyway so I'm sure if you go for the stiffer option you'll still find it more than comfortable enough over some of the bumpier stuff.

Ha, Sold! Now to find the cheapest 12/10 bc's in the land......

• Haha 1