Chris Harris Says “All The Car You’ll Ever Need”

The G Man

New Mazda 3 is gone, to be replaced with the new  pup mobile (following on from ‘Fran & Anna’ reveal in the pet thread)

BMW 3 Series Touring, M Sport X drive (and no, The Muzzer stays, it’s a car thang!)

couple of jobbyish pics, but you’ve all seen them before!

CE913049-88D2-4E5D-956D-832274E7FF2D.jpeg

BCE539DD-6BBC-46BD-84E9-DF032FE52E92.jpeg

39075CB2-58C6-450B-8C01-6DAC72D0E8B2.jpeg

6A1513EE-88E0-4B7C-A72C-C55296C3580B.jpeg

4884EA9D-19D4-4E85-87D7-0D9C6177AA72.jpeg

20387FB5-7622-460B-9059-0A846626C8E6.jpeg

• Like 2

The only thing I don’t like about the current 3ers are the rear lights, the way they wrap around the bodywork. Otherwise I’m a sucker for a BMW tourer, my F11 with the 2L oil burner is bizarrely brilliant car, and the G21 is a beautiful thing indeed. 

Good choice sir, enjoy! 

• Thanks 1

Cheers Dan :thumbs:.  

Practicality in a small/medium estate was the priority, to be honest all beemers look the same to me :lol:, but that statement by Chris Harris a year or so back stuck in my mind and the Mazda, terrific little hatchback, wasn’t going to cut the mustard on our ‘newest’ dog adventure.

Lockdown and all the difficulties along with it has, I suspect, changed a lot of folks perspectives, certainly mine.

Packed full of tech (well enough for my Luddite mind) and, roomy in the rear for grandkids and an elderly dog, coupled with a more than useful boot for two young terriers, with room to spare, will suit our revised lifestyle.

Things I miss from the Mazda, memory seats aligned to each key, which made life easier when getting in the car after wifie, radar cruise control, fantastic on boring, long motorway/roadwork journeys, HUD, which was pretty trick in the Mazda.

Big euro trips are off the cards for a while and the Stang would still be first choice on that (minus dogs of course), staycations (I’m now a ‘mercan’), feature more prominently now for us.  

First Auto we’ve ever had as a family, I had an old Volvo 144 DL back in the day with a column shift auto box, no incidents so far and wifie is loving it after her initial fears of an auto box.

Onwards and upwards, let the adventures begin! (again :lol:)

• Like 1

I was gonna ask if you’d gone manual or auto, that answers that! Tbh I don’t even know if bmw will let you spec one with a proper ‘box any more, in X drive spec anyway. 

Mine’s a manual as I’m a Luddite, but even I’ll admit that these cars suit an auto far better and I do kinda find myself wishing I’d gone for a more common car instead :lol: