How rare is my car?

foxredted

Hi to everyone on here 👍

As per the title, I want to find out a bit more about the car i’ve just purchased..

The car: 350z - Built in 2002 and SVA certificate was issued on the 14/10/2003, and UK registered on the 16/01/2004. The car was then serviced by Priory Nissan on the 18/10/2004 mileage was 8712 miles.

The car then found its way to Hartwell Nissan main dealer and was sold to its second owner on the 20/12/2005. Hartwell serviced the car on the 20/12/2005 mileage 14855. I have the original sales printout that Hartwell Nissan used to advertise the car. The second owner kept the car garaged right up until I bought it on Monday, and the current mileage is 34195. MOT history and condition suggest this is 100% accurate.

In terms of condition I would say it’s 9.5 out of 10. 

After doing a bit of research on the car i’m beginning to think it’s quite a rare one! It’s got all the bits on it including, Fujitsubo exhaust (not sure if it’s Ti version), electric  folding mirrors, heated / electric leather seats, spoiler, Bose sound system, Brembo brake kit, 18 inch alloys, VDC, aircon, Nismo front badge..

Its a beautiful car and i’m chuffed to bits with it.

How rare is it? What should I insure it for?  is it the performance, Touring, or track edition?

I will post some pictures to help identify the car..

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ED2E3778-13B3-4184-AD65-844CCC34E5E6.jpeg

C1B5BBDD-B7E3-4691-AB10-43BA6E134137.jpeg

41E6FDB8-423B-44E6-A02D-8526F3C9CC48.jpeg

76AF5C07-2AA0-4119-9579-E6310C6A439A.jpeg

35DE0A6F-57AF-4975-AC9C-379A807B8FD6.jpeg

0596A09B-B7CD-4AA2-A712-C8F45C0AD2D4.jpeg

ED17F7F5-7B4A-47A6-BE1D-17D80AD5F48C.jpeg

Firstly, congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum :thumbs:

Whilst it's probably one of the lowest mileage zeds in the country I'm sorry but I wouldn't say it's particularly "rare". 

To me it looks like a completely standard car except its an import, has the Nismo V1 spoiler (can't tell whether that's genuine or replica) and a nice exhaust. 

It's a decent spec but not top of the line because it doesn't have audio controls on the steering wheel, satnav, cruise control or RAYS alloys.

In terms of value I'd guess maybe a little higher than Alex has suggested just because the mileage is so low. 

Edited by Jack94

Big thanks to you all for taking the time to reply to my post👍.

I’ll put the insurance value at £5000 to £6000. 

I’ll spend some time searching the forum and getting as much information as i can and also 

have a look at some pics of the cars that have been posted.

Many thanks again for the advice 👍👍

• Like 1

If you've just bought it, put down the purchase price as the value of the car, as that’s what it was worth to you right now. It’s not really relevant as they’ll only pay market value should the worst happen anyway. 

1 hour ago, foxredted said:

Market value for a 34000 mile 350z seems to be considerably more!

Not for an import it is not I am afraid.

Most insurance companies use CAP and a few still use GLASS and I am looking at both right now.

Hi to you too 👍

It goes in tomorrow for a service, so i’ll try to get a good look at the 

exhaust to see if there are any markings or codes on it.

Wheel refurbishment will be next on the agenda or maybe even a new set!

2 hours ago, foxredted said:

Wheel refurbishment will be next on the agenda or maybe even a new set!

Personal preference of course but I wouldn't bother getting your current wheels refurbed. If you want to stay OEM then the standard Rays would be a great upgrade. They're cheap, light, strong (forged) and look great. 

20140509_174343.jpg

Edited by Jack94
  • Like 3

Hi Andy, I’m well pleased with it. I just need to get the wheels sorted out asap, but other than that it really is close to immaculate. I may well go for a stage one tune and a few other bits and pieces for it, but other than that it’ll probably stay pretty much remain how it looks now. 

• Like 1