New owner and in need of some assistance

Hi guys,

I recently got a Nissan 350z 07, I’m new to the car scene so my lingo might not be up to scratch! I’ve currently had the car for a few months and a couple days ago the clutch went. It’s likely to have something to do with the slave cylinder but The garage I got my car too advises to change the clutch as it would be likely to go if it hasn’t already? (68000 miles on the clock)

Anyway, after getting the quote he tells me that he can’t find any stock (official) clutches for the 350, but never mind as I’m interested in upgrading clutch whilst it’s there but unfortunately most garages I come across can’t help. 

Chances  are I’m gonna have to move the car to a different garage but I’m struggling to find one which will help!

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to go forward or any advise? 

I’m currently living in Dunfermline, Scotland.

Thanks guys

I am just up the road from you in Perth mate.

Upgrading your clutch and fly is very straight forward so no issues there.

What model is your car, DE or HR ?

The DE has a single air intake and the HR has a twin set up.

Aww nice one, I’ve got the HR model. 

I’ve got a good friend who also said it was straight forward but when speaking to the garages they all make it seem like it’s a nightmare to do.

For the standard clutch and slave cylinder replacement I was quoted around £1200.

You got any idea on suitable garages around? 

Thanks for the reply mate!

8 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

I am just up the road from you in Perth mate.

Upgrading your clutch and fly is very straight forward so no issues there.

What model is your car, DE or HR ?

The DE has a single air intake and the HR has a twin set up.

I’ve replied to the topic not sure if I’ve got a hang of the forum yet 😂

I would do this for you, however I have an R35 GT-R on the ramp at the minute with the engine and gearbox both out and waiting on parts from Japan and USA.

By what you say you have had a Concentric Slave Cyl. (CSC) failure, which is very common on this model so no point fitting a stock CSC as the same will happen again.

So the very least that you should do is fit an uprated CSC and as good engineering practice it would be best to replace the clutch kit as well.

At almost 70,000 miles I would recommend that you consider replacing the flywheel as well when it is all stripped down, however the OEM DMF costs circa £1000.00.

The way that you can get round this big expense, circa £1800.00 + labour, is to fit a quality uprated clutch and SMF kit which cost circa £1250.00 + labour which should be in the region of £200.00 - £250.00.

• Like 1

That sounds like a good plan and way forward! I am aware of the new slave cylinder, I believe it’s more accessible once it’s fitted? I mentioned it to the garage but they were having none of it. 

It’s shame your busy as that would’ve been perfect! How long do you recon you’ll be while fixing that car? 

At some point over the next few days I’m just gonna get the car transported back to my house and I’ll probably just keep searching/researching?

Would you recommend the single mass fly wheel in the kit?

Replacing the CSC will not make it any more accessible.

To make it more accessible you would have to fit a CSC delete kit.

Whether you go DMF or SMF is a matter of choice and both have there pros and cons, it also depends on how much you want to spend.

Hi,I'm also new here.. ,having the same issue with my car I suppose.

My 2008 350Z HR just gave up on its clutch pedal,the clutch pedal just dropped whilst driving,checked for fluid level and it was empty,topped it up to notice it leak under the car,I was wondering isit definitely the internal CSC or could a be a damaged hose causing the same issue ?,the clutch was replaced by Nissan at 25K miles now its just over 70kmiles on the clock,im guessing I'm okay with the oem clutch for now,its a daily by the way .Any help would be very much appreciated regarding csc fail as I've read OEM CSC are known to fail.

P.s -  I've already placed an order for  a C.M.A.K V3 delete kit ,is this the way forward?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Azzakaze said:

Hi,I'm also new here.. ,having the same issue with my car I suppose.

My 2008 350Z HR just gave up on its clutch pedal,the clutch pedal just dropped whilst driving,checked for fluid level and it was empty,topped it up to notice it leak under the car,I was wondering isit definitely the internal CSC or could a be a damaged hose causing the same issue ?,the clutch was replaced by Nissan at 25K miles now its just over 70kmiles on the clock,im guessing I'm okay with the oem clutch for now,its a daily by the way .Any help would be very much appreciated regarding csc fail as I've read OEM CSC are known to fail.

P.s -  I've already placed an order for  a C.M.A.K V3 delete kit ,is this the way forward?

Thanks

Hi mate,

from what I’ve heard and my limited knowledge of cars it sounds like your master cylinder has went.

that’s probably one of the reasons fluid is leaking. 

other than that I’m no use sadly 😂

My CSC failed and I got a SMF kit from ZMANALEX. There was a little more NVH at lower RPM as he explained there would be, lower than 1500 rpm. However the drive was more direct. You need to make your own mind up on what is more important to you. I did not regret it.