Future Owner Here

Evening all,

If all goes to plan, I should be looking to purchase a 350z at the end of this month.

Incredibly excited and can not wait would be an understatement. I've been waiting a while for the opportunity.

I'm looking to pick up a 04/05 DE as a second car.
Something for me to have fun in on the weekends, learn a bit about working on cars and to slowly "modify" over time.

I could mumble on but I'll try and keep it short and sweet.
Looking forward to being part of the community!

Welcome to the OC:wave:

Fellow 05 DE owner here.

This place is great for solving those little minor gremlins that zeds sometimes get.

For example, the Tropicana orange bottles from McDonald's are Kryptonite to our airbag systems.

I've lost count of how many times I do a drive through run, out the Tropicana on the passenger seat, brake, it rolls into the footwell then darts under the seat.

That's when the fun starts.

All it has to do is touch the bleedin wires under the seat and hey presto......airbag systems disabled and light flashing.

If it wasn't for the forum I'd have parted with time and money for the dealers to do what literally takes 40 seconds.

g5UQIF3Euu0

Many more 5 min fixes that the forum has three up for me.

Definitely THE BEST owners club around.

I can't go a day without checking in to see what people are upto or a bit of banter :thumbs:

• Like 1

On 07/06/2021 at 22:18, HEADPHONES said:

Welcome to the OC:wave:

Fellow 05 DE owner here.

This place is great for solving those little minor gremlins that zeds sometimes get.

For example, the Tropicana orange bottles from McDonald's are Kryptonite to our airbag systems.

I've lost count of how many times I do a drive through run, out the Tropicana on the passenger seat, brake, it rolls into the footwell then darts under the seat.

That's when the fun starts.

All it has to do is touch the bleedin wires under the seat and hey presto......airbag systems disabled and light flashing.

If it wasn't for the forum I'd have parted with time and money for the dealers to do what literally takes 40 seconds.

g5UQIF3Euu0

Many more 5 min fixes that the forum has three up for me.

Definitely THE BEST owners club around.

I can't go a day without checking in to see what people are upto or a bit of banter :thumbs:

Tropicana bottles kill Z's. Noted.

In all the research I've done that's the first time I've heard of such a problem, looking forward to discovering more little nuggets of information here!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Yoshi

Welcome, as others have said you'll find the forum very handy if even just for the little things.

I've had a 04 GT for 8 years but alas it's time to sell, keep you're eye of the for sale section. I'll be listing it there today or tomorrow depending on how quick I condense too much info into something coherent 🙂

Cheers

7 hours ago, inspiral said:

Hi Yoshi

Welcome, as others have said you'll find the forum very handy if even just for the little things.

I've had a 04 GT for 8 years but alas it's time to sell, keep you're eye of the for sale section. I'll be listing it there today or tomorrow depending on how quick I condense too much info into something coherent 🙂

Cheers

You know, I've always wanted a Silver / Dark Grey / Black one. Boring I know. But there is definitely something appealing about the Azure Blue.

I will make sure to check out your thread though. Appreciate the mention.

7 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Ello n welkom

Hello hello.

I see you're from the West Midlands. I very, very rarely spot a 350z when driving around here. What does yours look like?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoshi said:

Hello hello.

I see you're from the West Midlands. I very, very rarely spot a 350z when driving around here. What does yours look like?

Common grey colour

547337328_IMG_20210605_090042556_HDR2.jpg.0101dc70fcc83b33297d9993c5f96bea.jpg

Pop along to the 350z / 370z meet next month if you free.

https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/127595-national-motorcycle-museum-sunday-4th-july/

On 18/06/2021 at 15:56, davey_83 said:

Common grey colour

547337328_IMG_20210605_090042556_HDR2.jpg.0101dc70fcc83b33297d9993c5f96bea.jpg

Pop along to the 350z / 370z meet next month if you free.

https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/127595-national-motorcycle-museum-sunday-4th-july/

That colour looks good no matter how many times I see it.

That's not a bad suggestion to be fair. Though don't know if I'll be able to make that, shame it's not a little later in the month.

I appreciate the suggestion either way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Azurez33 said:

I am also West Midlands, where about are you based? 

Hi, Nice Zed.
Y'know, I keep saying that I personally don't want a blue Zed but now I keep seeing  pictures and they really are growing on me.

I'm based in the West Midlands too. Seems like there's a few owners popping up here. Shame I don't really see any of them driving around.

Mate honestly any colour zed is beautiful mate aslong as you keep it clean! I find the depth of colour is best with the blue but that’s my personal opinion 😂

I mean where roughly in the West Midlands would laugh if you’re round the corner haha 

Ahh that’s probably why, based in Worcestershire, there’s about 4 round by me other colours aha, red is nice but it’s as rare as white think the red was only an import colour- someone correct me if I’m wrong 

I was absolutely exhausted yesterday; a long week at work and a long day getting the car. So I haven't managed to take anything yet but I shall do shortly!

A little gutted I'm not attending the meet today but to those that are, have a good time. I look forward to seeing some pictures!

• 2 weeks later...