Emissions- cleanliness

Azurez33

Not going to lie just done the emissions on my shed and was so shocked to how clean it actually was, is this quite a norm for 350s? we have a couple of others that have their Mots done with us and they really struggle to get through even though they’ve been looked after 

D24DAF8B-191A-47B6-AFC6-0314023EA1EC.jpeg

1 hour ago, Azurez33 said:

The other thing I was was wondering, has anyone tried to start a dialog with the government with reducing their tax etc if they can prove their emissions are clean like this? 

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Good luck with that! 

• Haha 1

Nope, all data like that has to come from the manufacturer who will have done it years back. Can’t remember the exact name of the document now, used to be common many years ago when grey imports were a massive thing, not so much these days. 

• Thanks 1

Totally normal result for good condition catalysts. Mine had basically the same result when I had stock cats on a couple years ago.

WAIT - missed the HC reading - that's not reading right. 😅

Edited by msitpro
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Azurez33 said:

The other thing I was was wondering, has anyone tried to start a dialog with the government with reducing their tax etc if they can prove their emissions are clean like this? 

Based on CO2 anyway which isn't tested because you can't really reduce it except an engine swap or significant de-tuning.

• Thanks 1

You have to prove any import is in line with the manufacturers guidance - emissions is one of those things, with the different fuels and maps used outside the UK/EU, they wanna make sure you ain't jamming the rules. 

Won't ever get a discount, emissions are emissions, VED is VED. 

2 hours ago, msitpro said:

Totally normal result for good condition catalysts. Mine had basically the same result when I had stock cats on a couple years ago.

WAIT - missed the HC reading - that's not reading right. 😅

Hah I don’t know “cough” what you mean “cough” 😂

Yeah I get what you mean tbh forgot to Chuck it on the live emissions data to have a look probably not so eco friendly, I just mean we get so much new rubbish in atm with all their emissions controls etc and they still can’t get close yet surprise their tax is so much lower aha 

On paper yes but this is part of my point/ issue, you get a large majority of every Tom dick and Harry’s cars chucking extra shyte out because they use @*!# fuel or just don’t look after their cars very well, obviously as you say you can’t change co2 output but then also the amount of manufacturers who been caught red handed cheesing emissions and getting away with it is just annoying tbh, again they obviously get fined and have to correct it etc