Rota wheel fitment question... maybe one for the traders on here!

Bunning

I've been pondering over what wheels to get for my 370Z for a long time and i'm almost at the point of purchasing some but i've hit a snag... (have searched the web, including fitment industries and the forum extensively with no firm answer)

I want to get a set of Rota Grids (my choice, I know they may not be to everyone's taste) in the following set up:

19 x9.5J ET38 Front

19 x 10.5J ET20 Rear

The reason for this setup up is that this pushes the wheels slightly further than the Nismo wheels and i don't ant to use spacers at all. The car (although not strictly a daily driver) needs to remain well useable on the road as I use it for work occasionally.

I had been talking to driftworks and a couple of other companies and there are mixed answers on whether the fronts will clear the brake caliper, I know the front wheels are close and spoke design on any aftermarket wheels will have an impact but with a 9.5J running a 38mm positive offset I thought this would be enough.

Any help appreciated

Just an update on this in case anyone else comes up against this in the future. I have been assured by rimstyle that they will fit as they have sold sets to other 370z owners (who haven’t had to use spacers apparently)

I’ve ordered a set on the proviso that if the fronts don’t clear they take them back and refund me!

Delivery due tomorrow/Tuesday so 🤞🏻

• Like 1

Hey @Payco

Thanks for your reply, I'd already been through that to check poke and spacing from strut etc. which was within what I was aiming for. It wasn't poke i was worried about it was more to do with the spoke/caliper clearance.

The good news is i can report that Rota Grids in 19x9.5J ET38 do indeed clear the front caliper, it's a little tighter than the standard Rays but still clear.

thumbnail_IMG_7097.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Funnily enough, I was also worried about this, not just clearing the calipers, but the wider wheels will also be closer to the inner guards, on full lock. I decided to go for et22 on my new 9.5" jr18 front wheels, just to be sure.

• 3 months later...
On 03/06/2021 at 14:15, Bunning said:

I've been pondering over what wheels to get for my 370Z for a long time and i'm almost at the point of purchasing some but i've hit a snag... (have searched the web, including fitment industries and the forum extensively with no firm answer)

I want to get a set of Rota Grids (my choice, I know they may not be to everyone's taste) in the following set up:

19 x9.5J ET38 Front

19 x 10.5J ET20 Rear

The reason for this setup up is that this pushes the wheels slightly further than the Nismo wheels and i don't ant to use spacers at all. The car (although not strictly a daily driver) needs to remain well useable on the road as I use it for work occasionally.

I had been talking to driftworks and a couple of other companies and there are mixed answers on whether the fronts will clear the brake caliper, I know the front wheels are close and spoke design on any aftermarket wheels will have an impact but with a 9.5J running a 38mm positive offset I thought this would be enough.

Any help appreciated

Currently going through thoughts of aftermarket wheels myself. I'm considering going down from 10.5 and 9.5 to 9.5 and 8.5. There seems to be more options that way and I can still use the standard 245 and 285 tyres as well.

Could you post a photo of your car here with the Rota wheels on? I've been looking at that brand, amongst a few others.

Thanks. 

@Loadmaster Here ya go, if you want any specific pics I'm happy to take some, for info my car is running standard suspension (GT model obviously)

I opted for these wheels as they are ever so slightly more aggressive than the Nismo rims (in poke) and they fit without spacers albeit tight on the front (see pic above) I have absolutely no rubbing scrubbing etc.

FB98EF16-18BA-4045-92BA-BDCFF60A1AE7.JPG

IMG_7560.JPG

IMG_8335.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Le Mans Blue? Looks fresh. 

Yep Le Mans Blue.... pretty rare colour apparently but I ended up with it by chance after a black one I was buying fell through. I wasn't keen on the colour to start with but it was such a clean and low mileage car I couldn't let it go!

It used to be owned by another forum member @cmp999 but had another (unknown) owner between me and him.

Thanks for the comments 😃

On 15/10/2021 at 21:05, pintopete58 said:

Hi all these are my D9r works wheels on my 350 that I've just sold o/s front +23 rear +30 and they are going on my 370 soon 20200609_163657.jpg.1f6e9949aefce061abb4ab53cdf60e02.jpg20200625_093527.jpg.7ac65f11f9d089c05cdc31413aea9e06.jpg

20200625_093535.jpg

I like those, a nice deep dish.

Is D9R the brand? Sorry for dim question!