Battery voltage readings.

SPAXY

morning,recently had flat battery after a week and charged it,carried out battery discharge test with (~BATTERY GOOD)as the result,ive noticed a sulphur smell intermittently in the cabin,so this morning i noticed the in dash volt meter reading about 14v,i then used a multimeter at the battery posts and got 14.7v on cold start and no electrical loads.

just wondering what reading anyone is getting on there in dash meter as im worndering if this is slightly high and causing overcharge to the battery.

I have a lightweight lithium battery so don't know if this will be any help but voltage when engine off normally reads between 13.4 and 13.9 (it has a digital display on battery so you can check anytime which is useful) in the car on the pod gauge with engine running today it read exactly 14v

6 hours ago, G1en said:

I have a lightweight lithium battery so don't know if this will be any help but voltage when engine off normally reads between 13.4 and 13.9 (it has a digital display on battery so you can check anytime which is useful) in the car on the pod gauge with engine running today it read exactly 14v

thanks mate much appriciated,im going to monitor it and see how long battery stays charged,will try a test with electrical loads on aswell.thanks again