Owners advice wanted : 350z's, what are they really like?

DrewSmith199

Just want to say a huge thank you to everyone here for your comments, advice and opinions. I have recieved alot more genuine help and advice here from one post as a newbie compared to any forum I have ever used. This is fantastic, it's great to know there's a good community out there! It really has given a valuable insight hearing what you owners/ex-owners really thought of your experiences. I WILL go for some test drives for sure because I couldnt agree with you guys more that I need to get my own feel for it. I do hope that it's the right car for me, I already feel like i'd be kicking myself if i didnt own at some point. Alot of my questions have been answered, again thanks to every single one of you! 

• Like 6

They're pretty slow stock, they're getting pretty old and more and more are becoming a spotty teenagers wet dream meaning there are some absolutely horrific examples out there. 

That said, they have one of the biggest personalities on the car market and that character will keep you smiling and turning back around to see where you've parked. 

Probably the best motorway cruiser I've ever driven while doing 30mpg with the cruise control on. On a B road they're nimble enough to have some real fun with enough poke to to give most things a run, but they will step out on you if you're not careful. Routine maintenance is easy enough with knowledge and like any car if its that complex then pay someone to do. Modifications are plentiful to choose from

Do I miss my old 350z? Absolutely. Do I miss keeping a old car on the road? Not so much 

20200811_182810.jpg.2ecf162a60e0f50f9422272c183826ec.jpg

Do I regret sticking with Nissan and getting a Nismo 370z to replace her instead of a big characterless German bargepole? Not a chance 

20201010_181940.jpg.bcd26236d3f22fac77f7ca12016a9504.jpg

• Like 5

On 17/05/2021 at 07:40, Ekona said:

You can’t figure out what a car is like when you test drive it for a short time, but you can from random stranger’s opinions on the internet?! ;) :lol:

I think you’ll find, Daniel, that this is the ONLY way to figure stuff out; fire up YouTube and wait for someone to tell you what your opinion is. Preferably with pretty (moving) pictures, because words are hard. :stir:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

I think you’ll find, Daniel, that this is the ONLY way to figure stuff out; fire up YouTube and wait for someone to tell you what your opinion is. Preferably with pretty (moving) pictures, because words are hard. :stir:

Ridiculous, you meant Twitter.

• Like 2

If you look at my car history below, (that does not include some 40 other cars before those) you will see I have owned 3 Zeds over 10 years and thoroughly enjoyed them all, not least of which was helped by members of this forum that made ownership a real delight that still gives me a buzz simply reading how many new and old owners clearly know they have/had something very special.  

Do I need to say more?

Edited by Ebized
  • Like 1

Just to throw my opinion in, we've had two 350s and two 370s, all have been great cars.

Started out with an 04 Ginge 350ZGT (2005-2009), loved it, wish I'd never sold it, then I got a 370Z GT Ultimate in 2009.

My wife had an '06 Roadster for a few years, then we sold it and bought a '10 370z roadster a few years ago.

In all honesty, we both prefer the 370s but they have all been great cars, and as above, if we had more space, I'd have kept the first 350Z we had.

They are GTs, but you can hustle them along and get a big grin, they're best with a few choice mods imo, or some stupid ones to give them lots more power ;)

If you've had an MX5, the Z is bigger and porkier, but still rewarding and fun.

Enjoy whatever you choose :) 

Edited by Sim

• 2 weeks later...