Ready to Tell

Paul K

Hi all,

one or two of you may be aware of this already, but I'm now happy to let the rest of the Zed world know.

exactly 4 weeks ago of Friday 16th April  i suffered a Myocardial Infarction, better known as a Heart Attack.

it really didn't feel that bad, just a bit like Heartburn, so i didn't think much of it on the Friday but was chomping my way through Reenies like they were going out of fashion, However on the Saturday morning, i still had the heart burn pain, but then i got a very hot sweat, sweep over me, and I  said to my wife "i think you better take me to the Hospital"

anyway from my local A&E, i was Blue Lighted to St Thomas's Hospital, where i had an Angiogram, which identified a clot....they tried to remove it, but were unable, so inserted a Balloon to restore flow through the Cardiac artery.

i was then on Clot busting drugs for 24 hours and spent the next 3 days in Cardiac Care unit, wired up to all kinds of machines.

I came home on Wednesday 21st April with instructions to rest.

last week I embarked on Cardiac Rehab, which basically entails structured walking, and things are going well.

hopefully I should be fully firing on all cylinders by Japfest in September, but i'm, likely to miss out on some of the other events this year such as Ace café and the annual club meet (plus I've got to replace the front splitter on the car, where I hit a log that had fallen off the back of a pick-up.....not pretty!!)

cheers

Paul

Edited by Paul K
  • Like 5

My man! Don't ignore warning signs like that again! I'm glad to hear you went to hospital and they've managed to get you back on the road to recovery. 

I wish you a speedy recovery and back to full health, we've got lots of shows the natter at !

• Like 2