Went to go view a Z today, any thoughts

Sinjj

Hi guys, went to go see car today, black 350z, 2004 DE, black on gumtree currently £4500, gearbox goes into 3rd but doesn’t engage 3rd so just revs, bodywork is really questionable, front bumper just a smidge out of line and paint is peeling off the front bumper (aftermarket) also paint peeling off back bumper (original) and a very small bit of rust , noticed starting it that it clicks once then starts no issues, not aware if that’s normal but it’s a very quick sequence, apart from the paint and the gearbox everything else seemed “fine” apart from being straight piped with no cats, the guy didn’t even know how to put the dipstick back in, had to do it for him, he won’t budge from £4300 at all. Is it worth it?

maybe worth mentioning it’s got 3 months MOT left and he also couldn’t answer me when I asked if it had cats on it I had to park on a slant to look under it.

Post up the ad, people on here might know about the car and be able to give it a look over for you based on pics etc. As Dan above said, from what you have described you are looking at a car that already needs gearbox work, rust fixing, paintwork which is going to be into four figures straight off the bat. Presume its a high miler? If so is it sitting on its original clutch etc? Perishables aren't cheap on these cars and can spring a nasty surprise on new owners.

Agreed it looks very tatty, which is a shame because it was maintained by Nissan & cougarstore for the first 7 years of it life. 

I know £4500 Isn't a massive budget but surely there's better out there for the money, this one definitely sounds like a money pit where you'll be forever fixing issues. 

Edited by Jack94

My budget is more 5-6k just for a fun daily but my first thoughts when i seen the advert is that it could be a steal if I got a good price but after I went to see it more and more issues popped up, so I’ll just wait for the right one 

1 hour ago, Sinjj said:

My budget is more 5-6k just for a fun daily but my first thoughts when i seen the advert is that it could be a steal if I got a good price but after I went to see it more and more issues popped up, so I’ll just wait for the right one 

A bit above your range but this one looks decent and seems decent price for the mileage and age

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3797430676976970/?ref=facebook_story_share

• Thanks 1