Wind Noise/ Windshield Trim

Ry-B

Hi All,

Excuse how filthy the car is as it needs a good wash. On the motorway the other day I noticed a lot of wind noise around the driver side, I checked the window which looks fine, however, looking at the windshield trim it doesn't go all the way to the edge which to me explains the wind noise at motorway speeds.

windowtrim.jpg.050f2193c10731dbab47e5aeb776da56.jpg

I Assume the trim across the top of the windshield can be replaced on it own, but reading other threads it seems the whole A pillar needs to be replaced to replace the trim on them? which also look like they are starting the fail :(

• 1 month later...

windshield.jpg.74fff70dcd688e7b9cb4f68ec600826a.jpg 

Finally got round to this, could do with a bit of tidy up but you can't tell unless you are looking for it and most importantly it has fixed the wind noise making the car a lot more pleasant to drive :D

8 hours ago, Ry-B said:

windshield.jpg.74fff70dcd688e7b9cb4f68ec600826a.jpg 

Finally got round to this, could do with a bit of tidy up but you can't tell unless you are looking for it and most importantly it has fixed the wind noise making the car a lot more pleasant to drive :D

what sealant did you use ?, make etc

12 hours ago, bytespc said:

what sealant did you use ?, make etc

I used Granville black Silicone Sealant, picked up a 40g tube off Amazon for around £4, more than enough to do the corner 

• Like 1

looks fab, mine arrived yesterday, what did you use to smooth it in and what size nozzle did you use for the application ?, sorry for all the questions I've never attempted anything like this before.

Thanks 

12 hours ago, bytespc said:

looks fab, mine arrived yesterday, what did you use to smooth it in and what size nozzle did you use for the application ?, sorry for all the questions I've never attempted anything like this before.

No worries, I think I used the smallest or second from smallest nozzle I guess start with the smallest and see how you get on as you can also move to the next size if needed. For smoothing it out anything with a flat Sharp edge should do, I found smoothing from the windshield out to the A pillar gave a better finish then going down the length of the windshield if that makes sense