[SOLD]For Sale: Subaru BRZ SE Lux – Manual – 2013 – 82k – £10,000 OVNO

Stutopia

Welcome to the sale of my much-loved 2013 Subaru BRZ, it has 82,009 miles, which are not moving up much as it has become my second car. It only goes out for a weekly run to keep it ticking over nicely. I am the second owner, purchased in March 2017, covering half of the total miles.  As you will see, this is an OEM+ car. I originally intended to keep it indefinitely, so my changes have focused on addressing the weak points, to create a well sorted and hospitable BRZ. 

lPYC5pY.jpg

CdAd8uJ.jpg

dyaMj4m.jpg

lPYC5pY.jpg

HSAnwAw.jpg

MOT & Service History

Date                 Mileage            Work Summary

12/06/14          11,651              Service

18/08/15          23,163              Service

21/06/16          32,527              MOT                 

27/02/17          38,138              Service & MOT  

31/03/17          39,223              Service

30/11/17          44,832              Service - including gear oil, diff oil, brake fluid & spark plugs.

07/02/18          47,449              MOT                 

10/07/18          52,347              Service

01/02/19          62,770              Service & MOT - including gear oil, diff oil, brake fluid & aux belt.            

18/04/19          66,177              Recall, Subaru - valve springs replaced (includes oil & coolant).

- Additional work whilst the engine was out, spark plugs and clutch replaced.

06/12/19          74,599              Service

13/02/20          77,092              Service & MOT - including gear oil, diff oil & aux belt.     

23/05/20          78,353              A/C pump replaced (squeaking) and A/C re-gas.

The content above is a brief summary, an extensive folder of receipts, invoices and other supporting documents accompanies the car.

I have made many improvements to iron out some of the factory shortcomings and make it a nicer place to be. I have added the Toyota arm rest, which covers the unsightly plastic chasm between the seats and provides a space to stow your phone, keys and change – you can even rest your arm on it.

r8exb57.jpg

There is a lightning cable under the arm rest, which connects to the upgraded Sony XAV-AX100 head unit for CarPlay (and Android Auto if you prefer). The new head unit not only functions, sounds and looks miles better than the Fisher Price OEM stereo, it also displays the reverse cam feed. This can be changed to USB for non-Apple phones.

JwMhpCT.jpg

The head unit is linked to upgraded Focal IS165 TOY speakers in the front doors and dash. 

5RnDdZh.jpg

I have also added sound 3mm deadening to the doors, wheel arches, boot floor, under the rear seats and on the rear wings. This reduces road noise and resonance from the speakers. Overall, it is a huge improvement in musicality over stock.

XReLOYA.jpg

Also included, a hardwired Mobius dash cam; tucked discretely behind the rear view, so it does not get in the way when driving. Records on a loop and operates on ignition, requires zero effort to keep an eye out for you.

NcF8FET.jpg

Underneath and out of sight, there are MTEC shift springs, which give a beautiful feel to the shift. Also on the drivability side, a Cusco extended accelerator pedal, it makes heal & toe that little bit easier.

dSxM6oO.jpg

The cabin is in excellent condition throughout. It is regularly detailed, with surfaces protected, as well as cleaned.

Zyo4AZM.jpg

Despite my best care efforts, there is some very minor wear to the driver’s seat bolster.

lSWFUuo.jpg

Moving backwards, the rear seats are all present and correct and the interior is excellent throughout.

dzf4FKz.jpg

In the boot, I have added a cargo net (from my old 350z) to keep the shopping in check and some back seat pulls. This means you can drop the back seat from within the boot, without having to get in via the front doors. There is also a Perrin boot pull, so you can close the boot lid from a handle within, rather than touching the outside paint each time.

I3IPaJL.jpg

Lockdown 1 killed the battery, so it has been upgraded. This outperforms the OEM battery in every way. If you have been looking at these cars, you will know the OEM battery is a weak spot. That is no longer the case.

Vnfgya2.jpg

The exterior has had very few tweaks. You will notice that the front fog lamps are wrapped yellow (can be reversed easily if desired). I have also replaced the OEM aerial with the much more pleasing shark fin. The OEM brake lights have been upgraded to Valenti smoked red, a great improvement over the original silver. The rear fog/reverse combo lamp unit has also been upgraded. Last but not least, the parcel shelf 3rd brake light has been replaced with the Intec high level brake light, this provides much improved visibility out of the rear window but retains the 3rd brake light.

My favourite exterior change is the 18” Enkei RPF1s which are running Michelin Pilot Sport 4 rubber (225/40/18). I hope these can be included in the sale, as they really set the car off, but will depend on the price agreed. The classic Subaru blue and bronze works beautifully, if I do say so myself. The 17” OEM wheels are included regardless (also with MPS4 rubber).

RzFm6Bm.jpg

smmeV4V.jpg

6EfJ7yU.jpg

On the performance side of things, again I have tried to address OEM shortcomings. On the front are a set of upgraded AP Racing CP9200 callipers, with two-piece discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads (Reyland kit). 

Y5OIC4E.jpg

This delivers a boost in stopping power, I’ve not yet managed to run out of pedal. At the rear, the callipers remain OEM, however, they have been refurbished and colour matched to the fronts by Godspeed. The rear pads also match the DS2500s on the front and the rear discs are DBA T2s. There are also stainless brake lines fitted.

Further performance improvements (with the added bonus of aural benefits too!) are UEL headers and the work of art which is the Ark GRiP exhaust. This adds a beautiful deep rumble when cruising. It’s not bad on full chat either.

jPUfxj2.jpg

Recently the heat wrap on the headers was looking a bit thread bare, so that has been removed and they have been to Zircotec for full ceramic coating.

yeLD4zc.jpg

To take advantage of the breathing mods, the car has been remapped by the well-regarded guys at Tuning Developments. This has been transformative in terms of getting rid of the infamous torque dip, really sharpening up the throttle response and such a worthwhile upgrade. It also adds other items such as launch control, flat foot shifting and a map for 95 RON – I have not needed these, but they do all work.

hJ4fqzw.jpg

When the car is not being driven, I indulge in my detailing hobby (have a little look here). It is only bathed and protected with my favourite products. Accordingly, the exterior paint, engine bay and interior are all in tidy order. The front end does have the stone chips associated with having covered 80k and there is the start of some lacquer failure low down on the front bumper, which can be seen here.

ywdhIWL.jpg

Several of the brackets in the engine bay have been striped, rust protected and repainted. A large number of nuts, bolts and washers in the engine bay have been replaced with aluminium or stainless items from Pro-Bolt. 

UqMQZbT.jpg

During my ownership the car has never missed a beat and I will be genuinely sorry to see her go, it has been very well looked after and I’ve enjoyed spending time and money doing all the work. The big jobs like the clutch and spark plug change have plenty of time before they are due. Also, the 2013 MY Valve Spring Recall was done by Subaru and she’s covered 14,000 trouble free miles since then. The car has not wanted for anything on the servicing and maintenance front, the fluids (including differential, gearbox and brake) have been swapped multiple times in my ownership and drive & feel spot on. Always using quality replacements. I replaced the A/C pump (as it was squeaking) and had it re-gassed, so that is ice cold and will be for a good while yet. 

No vehicle is complete without a big file of invoices and history, I have kept almost everything since taking ownership and also found some from Subaru on the servicing before me. 

DTRyJIJ.jpg

I have loved owning the BRZ and not only used her as a practical daily (it has had a full home cinema in there) I’ve also driven her across the B roads of the UK, through France, up and down the Swiss Alps, half the length of Italy & back. She’s never let me down.

I am in no rush to sell. Please only make enquiries if you are serious. I am open to discussion on price and can remove mods like the Enkeis or Vent Gauge, to accommodate a price drop. However, ridiculous low-ball offers will only waste both our time. Yes, there are cheaper Toybarus out there on similar miles, but not in this condition, with all the weak spots addressed and certainly not in glorious WR Blue, with accompanying gold wheels.

Thank you for reading this far, drop me a PM if you are interested. If you’d like to browse my build thread, it can be found here. I am more than happy to take you out for a drive, or for you to test drive it, provided fully comprehensive insurance is in place.

CknNiaH.jpg

VNApVGB.jpg

• Like 4

The write up was an absolute pleasure to read what a nice looking car and one so carefully looked after, I have a real soft spot for these think they’re probably one of the most aesthetically pleasing cars in my eyes. GLWS, what ls the rough estimate on price currently? 

If I had the money I’d buy that in a heartbeat. Great ad Stu, and that car is worth every penny of what you’re asking for it. 

Edited by Ekona
  • Like 1

Thanks for the kind words fellas, I’ve put a fair bit of time and effort into both the car and the ad.

It’s a reluctant sale because I still love driving it but, I must admit, I always grab the keys to the Cayman when I want to go out and I’ve got some home improvements coming up, so it’s the sensible thing to do, to avoid dipping into savings. My only fear is I’ll kick myself down the line if I want one for a track car!

1 hour ago, Azurez33 said:

The write up was an absolute pleasure to read what a nice looking car and one so carefully looked after, I have a real soft spot for these think they’re probably one of the most aesthetically pleasing cars in my eyes. GLWS, what ls the rough estimate on price currently? 

As per the thread title mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 06/05/2021 at 12:49, Azurez33 said:

Sorry stu forgive my inability to read 😆

I read the ad about 3 times before i saw the price too. :lol:

Great add Stu... makes me want one. :thumbs:

• Haha 1

• Stutopia changed the title to For Sale: Subaru BRZ SE Lux – Manual – 2013 – 82k – £10,000 OVNO
  • 2 weeks later...