08 HR Clutch pedal failure

SH23

So I've had today what I suspect is the fabled master/slave cylinder failure (was reverse parking at home, car started to stall then did stall, clutch pedal stuck in but clutch fully engaged in reverse) and wanted to pick some more experienced brains. 

The fluid reservoir is a nasty colour but it is full (attached). I did hear, about 40 mins prior when driving between tight walls (echo-y), a small momentary hiss almost like a release of pressure when in 1st. Thought this might be AC turning off when opening throttle, it may be entirely unrelated to the clutch for all I know.

I fortunately have AA home start and National Recovery. My firs thought would be get the master cylinder done at home (since no leak suggests not slave?), failing that I have a few options and wanted to know what people think:

1. Get it taken to local garage and get both MC and SC changed.

2. Get it taken to Horsham Developments (I'm in Chippenaham) and get those two plus Clutch/flywheel while I'm there?

3. Get it taken back up to Edinburgh where I was taking it next week, to my Dad who is a part time mechanic at Nissan (knows his stuff but is far away). It needs banana arm bushes and some bits and bobs so he was going to do those anyway.

Goes without saying my preferred option is no.3 and I'll likely go with what my dad thinks is the best but I really want to know if anyone knows much about the AA cover. Does anyone have any experience? Would they take the car to Edinburgh or Horsham? I know it says recovery to anywhere but since I'm at home I don't know if that will apply.

Gutted since I've inly had the car a week and a half, and the clutch fluid wasn't that nasty from memory but maybe I messed up checking it.

Cheers.

PXL_20210501_172215393.jpg

Edited by SH23

I think because the slave cylinder is inside the gearbox on the HR you wouldn't necessarily see the leak even if the slave has failed?

I haven't got any experience with the AA but if they are your 3 options then personally I'd take it to Horsham for sure. The guys there are brilliant, really know their stuff and won't try and charge you for anthing that doesn't need doing. 

Option 2 and prepare yourself for a relatively large bill (depending on what you choose to get done, personally I'd get it all done) and then that way you have the complete peace of mind its been done properly and you can enjoy the car

It's probably the slave cylinder that has failed, I'd be very surprised if the master cylinder has failed. Don't think I've come across that, but as Jack said it's a internal slave so you probably wouldn't see a leak anyway