New HR Owner

Finally got myself a 350z, after a lot of searching and patience! Grey 08 HR with 66k.

Transmission is quite noisy and I suspect clutch or flywheel does that sound about right? Clutch is very high, and it rattles when clutch is out/clunks a bit putting power down sharply or changing gear slightly harshly.

Had my first blast tonight and I'm obsessed (after spending 6 hours with the polish and wax, clay bar to follow in a few months I think).

PXL_20210421_102847612.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome along mate, nice car very jealous of the seats, look like the frost colour? My transmission was quite noisy I changed the gearbox oil helped slightly, mine does clunk a bit if changing gear harshly so not sure if maybe just a characteristic of the car

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, swillo said:

Welcome along mate, nice car very jealous of the seats, look like the frost colour? My transmission was quite noisy I changed the gearbox oil helped slightly, mine does clunk a bit if changing gear harshly so not sure if maybe just a characteristic of the car

Yep they are the frost seats, they grew on me quickly! I'll try that soon then I suppose see what happens.

Another question, what is behind the drivers side of the front under tray? I had no choice but to run over what I think was a red brick at approx. 40mph tonight :(

The tray was already cracked but I think it may have caved in a bit where the mark from said brick is. No noticeable change but it was a big hit.

13 hours ago, Olly350z said:

Headlight / washer bottle reservoir. You have two, one in each corner of the front bumper 

Hi and welcome 

Thanks, likely I've gotten away with it then! In for an MOT and check over on Tuesday so will find out I suppose.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! 

Probably a lightweight flywheel with the rattles - just had a new lightweight put on mine and its definitely noisier than standard.

Check your clutch fluid colour, my clutch pedal was super high and didn't like shifting very well - about a week later csc failed (370z), if your colouring is dark or there is bits probably means its on its way out as the seals are braking :)

Lovely looking Z enjoy :D 

Confirmed as the csc today so it'll be getting a clutch and if I can convince my dad it's worth it a flywheel, needs banana arms too.

Plenty time though, probably going to have to leave it at home in Scotland till September. Enterprise it is for the journey home 🙃

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SH23 said:

Confirmed as the csc today so it'll be getting a clutch and if I can convince my dad it's worth it a flywheel, needs banana arms too.

Plenty time though, probably going to have to leave it at home in Scotland till September. Enterprise it is for the journey home 🙃

Normally change them out together, its a of a job , defo agree with bouncer, heavy duty csc is the way to go, stock plastic csc really isn't up to the job, I know Z1 do an elimination kit but I've got no experience with that! 

good luck :D

• Thanks 1