Hands free phone connection problem

silver

My 55 plate 350z has factory fitted hands free phone facility but my Samsung phone will not connect to it despite being bluetooth paired. I've been to Nissan to see if there is a softwear update for the unit fitted but thts a No. Anyone have any suggestion please. 

Edited by silver
  • Sad 1

I hate to break it to you but I had one in 2005 with the adaptor and in about 2008 swapped phones and couldn't get me new phone to pair, so ended up keeping the old phone in the car and swapping the Sim on long runs. 

I think your only other option is to replace the stereo.

• Thanks 1

IIRC Samsung (if not wider Android) changed the bluetooth protocols around the S6/7 (ish) and it's not compatible with the module.

I seem to recall someone reached out to Nissan and Samsung, neither were at all interested in fixing it, so the only fix is an older Samsung, an iPhone or a new head unit/handsfree device. Or ditch all your friends so that no one calls you - at least no one you're interested in talking to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ilogikal1 said:

IIRC Samsung (if not wider Android) changed the bluetooth protocols around the S6/7 (ish) and it's not compatible with the module.

I seem to recall someone reached out to Nissan and Samsung, neither were at all interested in fixing it, so the only fix is an older Samsung, an iPhone or a new head unit/handsfree device. Or ditch all your friends so that no one calls you - at least no one you're interested in talking to.

I think the one I used was a nokia and I don't think they even exist any more?