Sat Nav Update required?

Matay20

Hi,

sat nav has been wandering a bit and when I look at info it shows no satellites.

it’s just been for a diagnostic test and they told me it needs an update that only Nissan can do.

I don’t understand how an update will work, surely it should show where I am on any roads that are already on, I can’t imagine the satellites have changed their software in the last few years for it to lose them?

anyone else had this and the updates worked?

Shall I just bite the bullet and get the 2020 update and take it from there?

the sat nav is under warranty but not the update so I guess if it doesn’t work and it’s the unit I can argue for a repair then.

Read that post but that’s for general updates for maps and only 2013 updates.  My issue is the car not tracking properly.

Having said that.. following the diagnosis it seems to have woken up. Was fairly good on the way back from the garage so I went a good 10 mile run last night and it was spot on so fingers crossed it’s ok now.

Might still get the 2020 update disk though as it’s planned as a tourer and there are some roads missing around me. Hoping the display may be better as well as it also updates the software which includes ( I think) Bluetooth upgrades?

• 1 month later...

Ok, cars been to Nissan today and they said the antenna base and stubby aerial need replacing?

all my manuals say the gps antenna is in the dashboard, any ideas?

Nissan want £325 to replace the base and aerial...

• 4 months later...

I have done it, you get 5 disks, one is the software upgrade and then the others are the maps.

if you can buy a code from somewhere like navi-expert-uk I can sell the disks to you much cheaper?

you need to get your code and they provide a code to upgrade I think, that’s what I did.

• Like 1