New 'norn iron' (N.Ireland) 370z owner........

Hi folks. Thought it would be rude, not to join the forum, when after selling both tts, I've decided its time I got myself a 370z. Still going to keep the mx5 for trackday duties, but a road going 370z should make a nice fun weekend car! Have been wanting a 370z for quite a few years, and seems nows the time to get one, before the prices start climbing..............

Edited by madcat
  • Like 1

Cheers Andy. That originally was the idea, but thinking better keeping 2k in the bank for the clutch / flywheel replacement,which no doubt, I'll get hit with, within a week of enjoying the new car ha.

Thanks folks. Unfortunately all 3x 370z I was offered for sale in N.Ireland, the owners changed their minds, and decided to keep, before I even got to view them. These 370z must be some car! However, rather than waiting until I'm allowed to possibly travel over to England in May,  I decided to buy an extremely fit supercharged 20v westfield, as my new weekend toy. Once the summer is over, and I need a toy with a roof, I might start chasing a 370z again, but never say never.......

• 4 weeks later...

Well that was short and sweet! After 4 weeks of mad acceleration in dry weather and no roof, the wet day finally arrived, and I discovered I couldnt get into the westfield, when the roof was on...... So its off to its new owner, and I'm back to where I started (bar 1k richer! ;) ), so back on the hunt for a 2012-13 manual.......

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Woo hoo. After abit of a false start, Ive finally got myself, a full s/h 2 owner 65k 2012 370z base spec. Doesn't have the clunky satnav (not an issue, as I'm going to fit my own satnav / andriod for obd output), all cloth seats (in mint condition, so no worries), 4 pot calipers, but what worried me, was I read base models don't have lsd diffs, but jacked up rear, and very definitely lsd goodness fitted. Came with 20" gtr charcoal alloys and new tyres, that cost previous owner over 2k, 900 miles ago), but not really warming to them, as I felt the car was chasing every fag butt, sweet paper on the road, on the way home, so will prob keep the oem 18s for the odd trackday malarky, and go looking for some nice dished 19s. Prepare for numerous stupid questions, as I get into the z groove! :)

mine1.jpg

Edited by madcat
missed some info
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is the right place, but finally got the new split width autostars on, with the custom powder coated brown metallic, and orange pearl lacquer to pop out in sunlight. Probably not to everyone's taste, but I fancied something different from the usual bronze / gold / matt black / silver crowd..... 

mine3.jpg

mine1.jpg

• Like 4

• madcat changed the title to New 'norn iron' (N.Ireland) 370z owner........

Maybe its the big silver door handles, that's making me think it still doesn't look quite right, but they do look sharp when the sun hits them. Think i might need to carbon wrap the handles......