Which Exhaust?

slipstream

I have been trying to decide on a new exhaust for the 370z Nismo, i have roughly £1600 to spend and the two am looking at are Stillen and Greddy Evolution GT has anyone one got any feed back on loudness inside the cabin or general pro's and con's on any of the systems?

Thanks!

Edited by slipstream

Injen SES

Invidia Gemini 

Motordyne Shockwave 

Ark grip V2

Those are my 4 choices, with ideally the ark grip wanted the most, however if you have a 370z nismo it won't fit without modification as the diff is different 

my ark grip V2 fits my Nismo no problem (albeit a mk1 but makes no difference). Had it on and off a fair few times myself to carry out other work and its always gone straight back on with minimal fuss. 

13 hours ago, Olly350z said:

Injen SES

Invidia Gemini 

Motordyne Shockwave 

Ark grip V2

Those are my 4 choices, with ideally the ark grip wanted the most, however if you have a 370z nismo it won't fit without modification as the diff is different 

Wanted Motordyne but there is a long wait for one, the Injen sounds nice so now its a choice of 3 lol

1 hour ago, dave_7 said:

my ark grip V2 fits my Nismo no problem (albeit a mk1 but makes no difference). Had it on and off a fair few times myself to carry out other work and its always gone straight back on with minimal fuss. 

would of got the Ark but it needs modified for the V2 Nismo.

On 09/04/2021 at 09:15, dave_7 said:

They don't fit MK2 Nismos sadly without minor modification, due to the different diff.  Not impossible but it hurts the wallet having to modify an already expensive exhaust 

22 hours ago, slipstream said:

Wanted Motordyne but there is a long wait for one, the Injen sounds nice so now its a choice of 3 lol

I had the Injen SeS on my 350z, can recommend it was a great sounding exhaust. Nice and deep, with a distinctive noise to it. Shame it fitted like garbage though and was left high and dry by injen / torqen so would advise caution 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

Hi, i bought the greddy evolution catback from torqen, well made exaust and no issues when fitting it

Hi ShortPaul, how is the noise inside the cabin as am reading it is pretty loud, can you confirm please ?

1 minute ago, ShortPaul said:

You definitely know its on there, but to be honest I haven't got round to using it much due to lock down rules, its a fair bit louder for definite 

Thanks, i will leave that one of my list for now and look at Stillen or maybe Injen but thanks for your input :thumbs:

I have the Stillen on my Mk2 Nismo, and i love it. It has no drown (major thing for me) and isnt insanely loud, which is good as its my daily. But it sounds great when you floor it.

And with the EcuTek remap and just stock cats it still burbles nicely coming off the gas.

33AD6590-6B35-4F51-9E97-E43771D62AB1.jpeg.2130172cb47bdb81ae649131dbc0d336.jpeg

1 hour ago, davidv10 said:

I have the Stillen on my Mk2 Nismo, and i love it. It has no drown (major thing for me) and isnt insanely loud, which is good as its my daily. But it sounds great when you floor it.

And with the EcuTek remap and just stock cats it still burbles nicely coming off the gas.

33AD6590-6B35-4F51-9E97-E43771D62AB1.jpeg.2130172cb47bdb81ae649131dbc0d336.jpeg

Thanks davidv10, how is the cabin noise level is it ok, and is fitment good?

Ordered my Motordyne Shockwave back at the start of Feb, was given around about May time for delivery. They have recently announced that they have stopped taking new orders for the time being due to the backlog being too large. 

For the time being I am sporting the Torqen Short Tail's which has a lovely low, deep, throaty sound which is very addicting. Granted they aren't a Cat back but great for being a budget exhaust, was only looking for the sound back when I bought them. Highly recommend if you aren't chasing gains, made such a difference. My car insta is @Pughz34 which has a comparison for you. 

• Like 2

On 11/04/2021 at 15:13, slipstream said:

Thanks davidv10, how is the cabin noise level is it ok, and is fitment good?

The cabin noise level is great if you are under 3k revs or just cruising. And then it bursts into life when you put your foot down.

Fitment is great and the exhaust tips are level and fit within the bumper well. If i was being extremely picky, i would have liked the tips to stick slightly further out, like a cm or so, with the Nismo bumper. But thats just personal preference.

• Like 1