Has anyone run a microphone wire from the head unit to the sun visor?

Loki

Thanks for reading.

I'm wanting to fit a new stereo to the Zed and it has Bluetooth capabilities and came with a wired microphone.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has done this mod and how they went about it? I've managed to find some videos of how to remove the factory head unit but nothing on how to run the wire round the interior, whilst hiding the wire but could live with it showing from the windscreen pillar to the visor, I'd prefer not mess around with the roof lining.

As always thanks in advance, any help or advice is greatly appreciated

3 hours ago, mr v6 said:

I ran mine from my Pioneer up the passenger side A pillar & clipped it just in front of the roof console .

Thanks for responding.

Is it possible to run it round that way and just tuck the wires underneath the plastic covers or did you need to remove them?

How easy did you find fitting the mic?

I just pulled the passenger door seal away from the body by the A pillar & ran the wire alongside my DAB wire. I just tucked it inside the roof lining & used the clip to put it on the roof lining. It's a very tidy install.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mr v6 said:

I just pulled the passenger door seal away from the body by the A pillar & ran the wire alongside my DAB wire. I just tucked it inside the roof lining & used the clip to put it on the roof lining. It's a very tidy install.

Cheers for getting back to me. Planning on giving it a try over the weekend, it does sound easy enough, guess I'll have more of a idea when get into.

Thanks again

3 minutes ago, Stutopia said:

I did what he did, it was dead easy. A little trim tool can be handy for working a gap to poke wire in too.

Thanks, good to know I don't need to start removing trim, looking forward to it now