2019 Nismo Pads

Willsy1980

As title, im looking to treat the Nismo to some new pads all round. Looking for something with less dust than the standard pads if possible and will be fitting in the standard Nismo callipers along with the standard discs.

Any suggestions ? 

Just now, GranTurismoEra said:

I went with Hawk pads through Abbey, way more bite still some dust but good by modern standards. Less fade on standard discs. Better than oem 

You got a link to them bud, im a bit far from Abbey to just turn up and ask for them :) 

7 hours ago, Willsy1980 said:

Im up in the northwest near Wigan. I'll give them a shout. Cheers

Hi,

Hawk and StopTech pads in stock:

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/brakes/pads/1096-370z-hawk-performance-ceramic-brake-pads-sport-akebono-calipers-front-hb601z626.html

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/brakes/pads/1097-370z-hawk-performance-ceramic-brake-pads-sport-akebono-calipers-rear-hb602z545.html

We're here if we can help any further.

Adrian

4 minutes ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Cheers Adrian, Coz sorted me a link earlier. Ceramics on their way :)  

32 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Stock pads aren't cutting it for spirited driving. Changing the brake fluid as well?

Well they are 7k into their life, the dust is quite heavy from them so time to go.

May as well pop better than OEM in, for the difference in price its a no brainer. Fluid will be done in line with servicing, unless I decide to do the discs before then.

15 minutes ago, Willsy1980 said:

Next day these arrived, many thanks to Coz and the team at Torqen, super turn around :thumbs:

20210408_165603.jpg

Will be interested to hear your thoughts on these. Next time the pads on my 350 need changing I'm going to look for something with more bite and less dust than the standard Brembos. 

• Like 1

On 08/04/2021 at 17:31, Jack94 said:

Will be interested to hear your thoughts on these. Next time the pads on my 350 need changing I'm going to look for something with more bite and less dust than the standard Brembos. 

I will let you know how they feel. Just debating if to get them done now. Or wait till I bang the 4 new MPSS on ? Thinking new anchors with the new boots.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Willsy1980 said:

I will let you know how they feel. Just debating if to get them done now. Or wait till I bang the 4 new MPSS on ? Thinking new anchors with the new boots.

Technically the MPSS was replaced with the MPS4S although it is made in some sizes still, the MPS4 is close to MPSS and IMO the MPS4S is better than the MPSS.

Edited by Sim
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/04/2021 at 19:37, Willsy1980 said:

How did you get on with the Hawk pads?

• Like 1

On 02/10/2022 at 16:44, Loadmaster said:

How did you get on with the Hawk pads?

Spot on bud, about to order another set for the fronts. Not sure they are ready for changing yet, but they have took some hammer so may as well refresh them and get them bedded in ready for Spring :)  

• Thanks 1

Great stuff, thanks. I'm not a mad driver in the Z but there are "moments" when I do wonder if things could be a little better than OEM.

Plus, thinking ahead to next year, I will be giving it a good workout at a couple of tracks next year - that's the main reason for asking. Scott at Abbey recently told me that they've been using/fitting the Hawk DBA pads for many years now, so that's a good recommendation in itself I suppose.  

Edited by Loadmaster
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...