Undoing Busters Mod - New Head Unit + Total system

jktitties

Hey, I am hoping for some advice on what to do here.

I have a 2008 350z GT with Bose.  

Last year I changed the head unit for an Xtrons one but kept the Bose speakers and amps. Because of this I had to do "busters mod" to keep the volume high. I included a pic of how I wired it up. 

Now, I've installed all new speakers, sub and sub amp and I have the RCAs at the head unit. 

My question is,do I need to undo the Busters mod / buy a new wiring section (about £8 on eBay I think), since I no longer have to worry about the Bose system amps?

Worried I might damage the aftermarket headunit 😂 But I have access to these RCA outputs which I could use directly.  I don't really know what I'm talking about lol. 

Thank you! 

IMG_20210404_175812__01.jpg

IMG_20210404_180336__01.jpg

You're correct you could blow something.

Have you pulled the old Bose amp set-up?

What wiring have you used for the new set-up?

It sounds like you've just put new wiring in for the sub?

If you've pulled all the bose stuff, you'll need to connect the the bose input cables to the correct output cables, otherwise your new head outputs won't actually get to the speakers.

Its not crazy complicated, just break it down into sections but you obviously need to have a complete circuit for you to get sound out of the speakers.

Hope this helps.

Good luck :thumbs:

On 05/04/2021 at 16:43, Sim said:

You're correct you could blow something.

Have you pulled the old Bose amp set-up?

What wiring have you used for the new set-up?

It sounds like you've just put new wiring in for the sub?

If you've pulled all the bose stuff, you'll need to connect the the bose input cables to the correct output cables, otherwise your new head outputs won't actually get to the speakers.

Its not crazy complicated, just break it down into sections but you obviously need to have a complete circuit for you to get sound out of the speakers.

Hope this helps.

Good luck :thumbs:

Thanks very much! Pretty lucky I asked them, would be pretty gutted if the new system blew up 😆

I've just run new wires from the new speakers to the HU as I already had all the panels our, but I'll be reusing the front speaker wires so will probably cut into them in the footwel.

I'll just trace my steps back on the busters mod to sort out the wiring, I haven't removed all the Bose amps yet but they're not connected to anything any more luckily. 

Thanks! 

• Like 1