What profile side wall would you recommend with F 8.5x18 et32 & R 9.5x18 et35? Solved!!!

Loki

Hi, I'm looking at some aftermarket wheels for the Zed.

The one's I like the look of are; F 8.5x18 et32 & R 9.5x18 et35. I wanted to keep the 18's because I've hear that the 19's negitivly effects handling too much and the traction control also has issues.

I'm going for either 245's or 255's on the front and would like to go upto 275's on the rear, I believe these should fit but whcih side wall profile should I go for? With the pot holes and speed bumps around here I'm still on factory suspension and like having the higher profiles extra protection, that being said how it looks is also important.

I've had a read of some of the other threads on this topic and it sounds like most prefer 40's over 45's and that the 45's can look a little balloony especially on the rear, obviously I'd like to avoid this. Just to confuse things further the retailer I'm buying from says that the correct profile is 35's on the rear and 45's on the front for these wheels.

It seems the more infomation I get the more confusing things are, so I figured I'd ask the pro's here

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Edited by Loki

• Loki changed the title to What profile side wall would you recommend with F 8.5x18 et32 & R 9.5x18 et35 and stock suspension?
  • Loki changed the title to What profile side wall would you recommend with F 8.5x18 et32 & R 9.5x18 et35? Solved!!!

Thanks Azurez thats a great help.

Also, thanks to Msitpro from a previous thread for linking www.willtheyfit.com , the site is a really helpful resourse and gave loads of useful info