What Ramps

Chris M

I use some slim line plastic ramps to get my jack under, then lift and put axles stands or big ramps under.

To be honest if I'm under the car for a while I set the ramps up like the pic, not my Z but you can see my S12 isn't going anywhere.

20201221_171618.jpg

I want something that will save me time and ease of use, Those Race Ramps that are made of foam seem to be the best for what I want but  cost an arm and a leg, I was wondering if anyone knew ones that are low enough entry for a stock 350z as the car is fairly low from factory.

Low entry slim style ramps will not get your car high enough for an oil change I am afraid.

You will also require it up at the back so that the car is even, or at least leaning towards the drain plug so all the old oil drains out.

5 hours ago, ZMANALEX said:

You will also require it up at the back so that the car is even, or at least leaning towards the drain plug so all the old oil drains out.

Thanks for the advice, I have been jacking my cars up for years but there has to be an easier lazier way, I have seen people using them for the Z(Road and Race has used them) so will just have to take a risk and order random ones.

In regards your statement about getting the car level, The drain plug at the back of the oil pan and so will have no trouble with just jacking up the front to get all the oil.

Case in point(skip to 2:50)

Edited by Chris M

2 minutes ago, pagan said:

Hi

my ramps have 2 extension pieces that allows low cars to drive up the ramps. I think I bought them on E-bay ages ago.

Thanks, I will have a look, If I dont find something suitable I will just do it the old fashioned way.