350z Hybrid Build with Other Mods

Drayvn

Posted this up on the overclockers forum, should've done it on here beforehand! I don't post a lot and do a lot of lurking, so here is my build.

Thought i would post up a new project i'm doing and my friends custom car workshop is doing for me.

Me the ideas and finance, workshop the ideas and expertise to do all of it!

350Z hybrid, using a ZF 8HP75Z Gearbox mated to and adapted to fit the VQ35HR. We have an ECU coming down to fit to the Gearbox so we can tune that to make it as best as we can. The EV motor inside the bell housing is rated to around 120BHP and i believe around 250ft-lbs of torque. We will be using it as a sequential shifter, at a later date we will be adding paddle shifts.

Haven't fully figured out what battery we will use, but most likely a BMW sourced one, fit that either in the spare wheel well or in front of the rear wheels but behind the seats to keep the weight low and centrally located for weight distribution. Also while we're at it we will be cutting weight as much as possible for the added weight everything we will be adding.

Lots of other things to be doing and going into it like EV controller, DC-DC converter and cooling system as well as an ECU to control everything and to talk to the ICE ECU. We are changing the instrument cluster too for a full digital dash, including changing the center console to fit a 10 inch tablet to bring the interior fully up to date with modern times!

Other mods include custom stainless steel long tube manidolds and titanium single exit exhaust. We have fitted Jenvey ITB's, bit of figuring out on that one as they are made for the DE engine so an adapter had to be 3D printed to fit that to the HR. Getting some cool custom airboxes 3D printed for that too to get cold air from the front bumper.

I've probably forgotten other stuff, like what we already have installed on the car like BBKs and other geometry parts and coilovers too, etc.

There are other stages too, technically this is the first stage out of 3.

Ask away on questions if you like!

WARNING - LOTS OF PICTURES!

Scanned-8-HP-Gearbox.jpg
Scan-of-ITB-and-CAD-mock-up-of-Air-Box.j
Scan-of-ITB-and-CAD-mock-up-of-Air-Box-A
ITB-s-Fitted.jpg
ITB-s-Fitted-C.jpg
Intake-for-Airbox.jpg
Gearbox-and-Driveline-Tunnel.jpg
Electric-Motor-Stripped-down.jpg
Electric-Motor-in-Bell-Housing.jpg
Adaptor-Mounted.jpg
Adaptor-Fitted.jpg
Adapter-Mock-Up-in-CAD.jpg
Adapter-and-Electric-Motor-Housing-CAD.j
8-HP75-and-CD009-Gearboxes.jpg8-HP75-and-CD009-Gearboxes-C.jpg8-HP75-and-CD009-Gearboxes-A.jpg
8-HP-Gearbox-adaptor.jpg
8-HP-Gearbox-Adaptor-mounting-A.jpg
8-HP-Gearbox-Adaptor-mounting.jpg

Edited by Drayvn
  • Like 5

On 01/04/2021 at 18:59, fake ben taylor said:

Lot of time for this!! 

Been looking at similar for the future of my build

Jenvey air boxes - keen to know details on these and possibly to buy some if they'd fit my DE (have janveys and really really struggling for airboxes)

Will keep this up to date, and can also talk to the workshop about the airboxes for you! I should be having another meeting with them next week so will get back to you soon about it!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...