Torqen Plenumz Vs Motordyne Vs ??? - Which should I get?

Loki

I'm looking at making some performance upgrades to the Zed and would appreciate some advice on which plenum you would recommend.

My first choice is the Motordyne 5/16" ISO Thermal Spacer but I can't find any UK stock anywhere, only Tarmac Sports have it listed but they state "contact us for lead time", so I doubt they'll be able to get one in the next couple of weeks

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/motordyne-nissan-350z-vq35de-5-16-iso-thermal-plenum-spacer.html

The only ones they do have in stock is the Basic Motordyne 5/16", which has less hardware then the ISO kit. Can anyone explain what the difference is between these kits?

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/motordyne-nissan-350z-5-16-basic-plenum-spacer.html

While searching I also spotted the Torqen Plenumz, I do like the custom colours look and they have the same hardware kit as the Motordyne ISO spacer for the price of the basic Motordyne one and most importantly they are in stock

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/engine/plenum-spacers/53879-350z-de-torqen-plenumz-trq-vqde-psz.html

I'm really interested in hearing what others have to say about these spacers or any others you think I should consider? I am looking to fit these in the next couple of weeks so being in stock is the primary concern but more info is always greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading

10 hours ago, ZMANALEX said:

What year and model is your 350?

What other performance upgrades have you done?

Have you had an Up Rev tune done?

Hey Zmanalex, thanks for responding.

I've got a '05 DE Zed, I'm going to be fitting; '07 Up rev air box (with Velocity stack), Mishimoto inlet pipe, Plenum spacer*, manifold back Magnaflow exhaust with high flow cats and going to get a remap from either RS tuning or TDi North, I live near the M62.

I'm hoping to get some where near 300bhp, depending how far away it is, in the furture I'd look into some headers or a MREV 2 lower plenum, maybe both. Then another tune.

The difference is, as you have mentioned is that there  is some extra hardware and an Iso-thermal gasket in the more expensive kit.

However there are no huge benefits with the Iso-thermal gasket as heat soak should not be an issue for you, so you can reuse your existing gasket and the extra hardware is not really  required.

The 5/16" MotorDyne is the way to go.

Sounds like you've got the basic breathing mods covered, maybe get a decent drop in filter to go with the later airbox.

Also if your zed is a DE I wouldn't bother with the MREV2 plenum, it's only worthwhile on the rev-up engine. 

22 hours ago, ZMANALEX said:

The difference is, as you have mentioned is that there  is some extra hardware and an Iso-thermal gasket in the more expensive kit.

However there are no huge benefits with the Iso-thermal gasket as heat soak should not be an issue for you, so you can reuse your existing gasket and the extra hardware is not really  required.

The 5/16" MotorDyne is the way to go.

Hi Alex, Loki,

The kit we sell comes powdercoated in different colours for those that have an engine bay theme and has all the extra hardware / gaskets, customer can choose not to use it. It's also cheaper than the Motordyne basic kit. Always in stock, ready to ship.