Who is at fault here?

Impressed

5 minutes ago, HEADPHONES said:

Zed had no chance of seeing the cyclist.

Cyclist had every opportunity to stop between the stationary cars and slowly peek out.

Same if I was crossing the road on foot.

Only a Joey would run between without looking!

Joey. Not heard that in years! :lol:

• Haha 1

Either the thick character from Friends/Topgear or, given that its Australia, a young Kangaroo...  or some slang for something else? An immature boomer...

Can't see any of the road markings where the crash is so who knows? Never good to trust a crossing though...

Edited by Kieran O'Quick

On 22/03/2021 at 20:38, Impressed said:

Ok I must be a bit slow, who is Joey?

Joey Deacon, you have to be of a certain age to remember him.

He was a spastic (correct term at time) who appeared on Blue Peter a few times after writing an autobiography with some of his mates - he wasnt able to talk or write - and became the go-to insult for a generation of schoolkids. Was actually a heartwarming story, think you can still find clips on YT. 

Its definitely a legacy, not sure whether a proud one or not though :lol:

Oh, and cyclists fault but didnt even have to check the video to know that ;)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DoogyRev said:

Now there is a term I have not heard for a very long time, I guess I am of a certain age  😂

Same here :) I guess you remember the game show your name was in as well? :thumbs:

Edited by Sim

17 minutes ago, Sim said:

Same here :) I guess you remember the game show your name was in as well? :thumbs:

Yes I do!, not many people remember that game show 😎

Doogyrev,Doogyrev!!!

Edited by DoogyRev
  • Like 1

On 22/03/2021 at 18:21, Impressed said:

Looks pretty obvious to me.

If the cyclist could not see the car his view must have been blocked by a van or something. Therefore the Z driver would have no chance of seeing him.

Viral video of crash between cyclist and car sparks debate about who is to blame (msn.com)

PS. Definitely the cyclists fault. 

• Like 1

I'm half a generation after 'Joey' was popularised... i'm 37 but my brother is 50... and i still remember one Sunday dinner in the 90's him explaining to me the origins of the term.  I've only come across it a handful of times since. :D

42 minutes ago, marzman said:

...And after 9 years of Jim being on this forum i've only just realised that DoogyRev is Very Good backwards. :ohmy:

Doogyrev, Doogyrev :lol:

I remember the Adventure Game and when I first watched it I realized one character who helped the contestants was speaking backwards and started doing it myself .... doogyrev stuck from there. 

Also another fact all the characters names were an anagram of “dragon” 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, marzman said:

I'm half a generation after 'Joey' was popularised... i'm 37 but my brother is 50... and i still remember one Sunday dinner in the 90's him explaining to me the origins of the term.  I've only come across it a handful of times since. :D

I have a good friend now in his 30s called James Deacon, very memorable when we had to explain who Joey was to him, he started using his pic as an avatar on message boards :lol:

Vortex was awesome but you cant top Knightmare for me, they are all on Youtube too.  Also hadnt realised that Doogyrev was verygood until I was today years old, this thread keeps giving. :lol:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

Knightmare was awesome! Always wanted to go on there.

Mate of mine went on, as you can imagine it was quite @*!#, particularly if you were the one in the helmet :lol:

Spellcasting ............ D-I-S-M-I-S-S :lol: