Water dripping from exhaust joint

BaldeagleUK

My first post since owning the car for a few days, I'm hoping there's a simple answer that's not going to cost me more money!!

This weekend I noticed the exhaust was blowing, so I stuck my head under the car and rev'd the car to see/hear where the leak is, the problem was that I spotted the problem, but there's water dripping out, but only when I rev the engine.

The water seems clear, but difficult to tell, so the only other option would be coolant. The car seems to run fine with no overheating issues, the longest journey I've done was 50miles, but didn't notice it over heat. The coolant level is low but not empty. There is some white smoke on first start, but seems to stop once the engine is warm. The oil looks ok, and no large amounts of milky residue in the cap or top of engine.

So my question is has the head gasket gone? Is there an easy way to check? If it's not that, where is the water coming from and should there be that much?

Thanks for your time.

No mate no reason to worry, normal combustion cylcle bi products, water, hydrocarbons and carbon dioxide, lets you know the cats are doing something haha, if you want to be sure the sniff test kits aren’t expensive, and the smoke noticed is probably because initial start it will over fuel till it goes into a closed loop where it uses the lambdas to control fuelling 

5 minutes ago, Azurez33 said:

No mate no reason to worry, normal combustion cylcle bi products, water, hydrocarbons and carbon dioxide, lets you know the cats are doing something haha, if you want to be sure the sniff test kits aren’t expensive, and the smoke noticed is probably because initial start it will over fuel till it goes into a closed loop where it uses the lambdas to control fueling 

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll get a sniff test kit just to be safe. I'll top up the coolant and monitor the levels and hope it was just low due to neglect by the previous owner.

Some of the cheaper kits don’t always fit into the rad caps and also it’s a bit of a pain because you’re not meant to get any coolant mixed with the sniff test liquid, so maybe find one that’s been used easily enough before and most likely, is it your expansion tank that’s low? the fans are common for going in the older de engines