Battery Drain

Dicky

Anyone measured the current taken from the battery with the engine off, and everything else turned off. Im getting 80 mA (0.08A).
My battery is probably on its last legs but just interested to know what the norm is and what others are measuring.

23 hours ago, harrison140 said:

I checked mine last year and it was 31mA 

Yeah that sounds more like it, 0.3 mA sounds a bit low maybe should be 30mA

Did you have anything on at all, typically the alarm? and did you allow it to stand a while before measuring?

I assume the various computers will remain powered but other than that I can’t think what what else

i think I’ll pull a couple of fuses to see why I’ve got 50mA more drain than you .

32 minutes ago, Dicky said:

Yeah that sounds more like it, 0.3 mA sounds a bit low maybe should be 30mA

Did you have anything on at all, typically the alarm? and did you allow it to stand a while before measuring?

I assume the various computers will remain powered but other than that I can’t think what what else

i think I’ll pull a couple of fuses to see why I’ve got 50mA more drain than you .

PS: I fitted a circuit supplied by one of the members which folds the mirrors in when the doors are locked, do you have this mod as it may be a reason for my addition current drain. Thanks

Yeah usually wait half an hour for it to be fully dead and then test to get a more accurate reading, batteries these days usually as a guidance last for say 5 years for a standard sealed or Sli battery from common suppliers, Bose amps are common for causing drains 

Well I’ve done all that and still drawing 80mA? My battery has been going flat recently and doesn’t last more than a couple of weeks after being fully charged. Battery must be duff as 80mA draw from a 65A/hr battery should last just over 4 wks.

Bought a Yuasa replacement this morning, comes with a 5 yr guarantee, so let’s see how it stands up.

Thanks for all input