6 months of ownership - what's been done and my thoughts.

Mat C

Your exterior mods work very well, with the rear view being one of the best I have seen:

20220416_171604.jpg

B)

Mind you, at first glance I thought the underside of the Duck Tail had been damaged :scare: - but given your attention to detail, no way could that have been overlooked but the second more serious glance revealed just badge reflections vvv- phew!:

20220414_175645.jpg

How do you find the Dunlops - are they keepers or you have something else in mind?  Asking, as not a tyre that has featured highly on the 370's, on here. 

A ZED to be very proud of. :#1:

Edited by Ebized
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Would Stillen G3 intakes have given more power? 

Maybe a couple more but maintenance would be extremely difficult. I clean my panels on a monthly basis (just knocking the dirt out etc) and it's a 2 to 3 minute job!

17 hours ago, Ebized said:

Your exterior mods work very well, with the rear view being one of the best I have seen:

20220416_171604.jpg

B)

Mind you, at first glance I thought the underside of the Duck Tail had been damaged :scare: - but given your attention to detail, no way could that have been overlooked but the second more serious glance revealed just badge reflections vvv- phew!:

20220414_175645.jpg

How do you find the Dunlops - are they keepers or you have something else in mind?  Asking, as not a tyre that has featured highly on the 370's, on here. 

A ZED to be very proud of. :#1:

Thanks very much! Keeping the underside of the spoiler in bare carbon was something I wasn't sure would work but it's very subtle and is one of my favourite features. 

The Dunlops are excellent in all weather's and the grip is more than enough for my capabilities - and the cars to be fair. As close as you will get to PS4s at a far lower price.

• Like 1

On 17/08/2021 at 10:18, Mat C said:

The throttle response does feel better and it's removed some annoying flat-spots. Also, the flat foot shifting feature is very good and makes for some rapid changes and comical noises.

However, I've not got a clue how to adjust the TC or access any other features. A downloadable info sheet should be offered or even a printed description. 

And the launch control is useless. Held it at 4k ram, released the clutch and it just stayed put burning out the clutch causing one hell of a smell!

Clutch, flywheel and cylinder were all replaced and uprated less than 10k miles ago so it's not that they are worn out!

My Z received the ECUtek treatment at Abbey last year. I feel that the car's certainly benefited from it, particularly (as you note) eliminating flat spots and making the power delivery more linear. It's odd because it doesn't "feel" quicker as such, but I think it's decpetive as the needle certainly goes up through the numbers quicker  -  it feels more effortless to achieve the relative speed than it did before the re-map. At the same time I had Cobra HFCs and HKS filters installed. On the dyno, there was something like a 29 BHP gain as a by product, not that that's important. 

As for the TC (I appreciate that this is an old post of yours) but did you figure out how to adjust it? If not, just let me know. Mine also has an additional security feature which you may, or may not, have or know about.     

16 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

My Z received the ECUtek treatment at Abbey last year. I feel that the car's certainly benefited from it, particularly (as you note) eliminating flat spots and making the power delivery more linear. It's odd because it doesn't "feel" quicker as such, but I think it's decpetive as the needle certainly goes up through the numbers quicker  -  it feels more effortless to achieve the relative speed than it did before the re-map. At the same time I had Cobra HFCs and HKS filters installed. On the dyno, there was something like a 29 BHP gain as a by product, not that that's important. 

As for the TC (I appreciate that this is an old post of yours) but did you figure out how to adjust it? If not, just let me know. Mine also has an additional security feature which you may, or may not, have or know about.     

After I returned the car because of the issues, I had the Bluetooth module fitted so it's all controlled off my phone. What's the security feature? 

15 minutes ago, Mat C said:

After I returned the car because of the issues, I had the Bluetooth module fitted so it's all controlled off my phone. What's the security feature? 

Non-start, over and above the car's standard security features. Disables the injectors unless that particular mode is cancelled by the driver by switching maps.

• Like 1