CD01 box value?

SteveW

Hi,

Just wondering how much is a CD01 gearbox actually worth? Done 99,000 miles with no issues, no cruches, oil changed regularly etc.

Been trying to sell mine and kinda need it outta the way but wondered if I am asking too much at £550?

Everyone who messages me asks if it's CD09 and then says at my price they expected it was a CD09 and it's massively over priced. However, I've only seen them up around the £800-£1000 mark.

I know the market dictates the price overall just wondered on people's thoughts?

Thanks

Edited by SteveW

• SteveW changed the title to CD01 box value?

Just a quick look on ebay shows CD01 starting at £500. I guess a couple of things going against you is that from what I have seen on here gearboxes very rarely need a complete replacement so buyers are going to be thin on the ground. Secondly anyone wanting a replacement is going to want to go for a CD09. I imagine the breakers you see on ebay sit on those gearboxes for months on end waiting to sell?

Worth minimum of £550.00 Steve, perhaps considerably more if some one needs one.

The cost for a gearbox overhaul is £1500.00 so £550.00 for a good fault free box is a steal.

Don't listen to those low ballers.

• Like 1

I sold 2 CD001 gear boxes last year and I struggled to sell them for good price. One of them had only done 63K miles.

Think they sold for £250 a piece :(

Nobody seemed to want them, they all wanted the 009 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, coldel said:

Just a quick look on ebay shows CD01 starting at £500. I guess a couple of things going against you is that from what I have seen on here gearboxes very rarely need a complete replacement so buyers are going to be thin on the ground. Secondly anyone wanting a replacement is going to want to go for a CD09. I imagine the breakers you see on ebay sit on those gearboxes for months on end waiting to sell?

Thank you, maybe I just need to hang on longer. 

Ha wait until the engine comes out and then I really need the space....

46 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

Worth minimum of £550.00 Steve, perhaps considerably more if some one needs one.

The cost for a gearbox overhaul is £1500.00 so £550.00 for a good fault free box is a steal.

Don't listen to those low ballers.

Thanks mate, glad to know I'm not going crazy!

8 minutes ago, Ian said:

I sold 2 CD001 gear boxes last year and I struggled to sell them for good price. One of them had only done 63K miles.

Think they sold for £250 a piece :(

Nobody seemed to want them, they all wanted the 009 

Wow! Yeah everyone wants that CD009. 

Thanks everyone appreciate the input 👍

• Like 1