Airflow Mods (Intake/Exhaust): Realistic Tune / Dyno Figures??

CalvinPomfret

Hi Guys,

With lockdown increasing my boredom & eagerness to get out, just nabbed myself a few more mods for the Z in terms of airflow & hoping to push a slight gain out of her with a tune. 

Wondered if any of you have a similar setup with a tune after & what numbers you managed to push?

2015 370z Nismo

Modifications

- AAM Resonated Short Tails

- AAM High Flow Cats

- AAM Cold Air Intake R-Line

Thanks,

Calv  :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

Hi matey some nice mods you have there, probably best to speak to Horsham or Abbey they will be the best for that info :thumbs:

Thanks mate, Horsham was exactly the place I was going to for a tune - just wanted to check the forum before I check in at Horsham 😁

On 02/03/2021 at 22:04, ShortPaul said:

Hi matey some nice mods you have there, probably best to speak to Horsham or Abbey they will be the best for that info :thumbs:

I've never used Horsham for a tune, so can't directly recommend them, I have used Abbey, who I'd strongly recommend, great job on my 370z.

Whoever you go with, don't get hung up on peak gains, an ECUtek tune will make the car far more driveable and push the whole curve up. :thumbs:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, zippypooz said:

Before you do any other mods just call Jez and the chaps at Horsham. They'll be more than happy to advise on mods pre tune. I'd 100% recommend them.👌

Spoke with them this week, got the tune in for April so we’ll see what comes out! In all honesty I’m not looking for a huge power gain, just curious ✌🏼

Just now, CalvinPomfret said:

Spoke with them this week, got the tune in for April so we’ll see what comes out! In all honesty I’m not looking for a huge power gain, just curious ✌🏼

You'll get gains, mainly a better torque curve and response, Keep us posted!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 19/06/2021 at 11:52, ShortPaul said:

Did you get the results 

Hey Guys,

Sorry this is late I’ve been AFK on the Forums for a while! Here’s the results of the tune - wasn’t a huge gain but no powa is mo powa:

Improvements across the powerband (biggest increase mid band). Huge thank you to Jez & the Horsham Developments team, always super accommodating & helpful with questions - done a great job on the tune, had no issues at all ✌️

Calv

40FAD20D-C308-4FEE-BF64-C96DC3EC81B0.jpeg

• Like 1

She drives lovely now, the Pop & Bang map is great too - it allows you to select when you want the pops & bangs - but I don’t tend to drive with it in this mode much 🤙🏼

Performance-wise it seems the throttle responsiveness is faster to react to the pedal input & I don’t know if it a placebo but drifting seems to be easier - possibly due to throttle response. 

• Like 1