Pre ecutek mods advice

TheOracle71

2 hours ago, Sim said:

Personally I'd go with HFCs and a catback system but if you like how it sounds and don't want to drop the ££ on a cat back system, fair enough, but I would seriously consider HFCs, they aren't crazy loud like decats.

The driveability and variable traction control you'll get from taking it down to see Mark @ Abbey is worth it even if you don't quite get the gains. :thumbs:

Thanks; I could go for hfc’s and see how I get on with them and if decide they are too loud then add in a cat back. Then when happy get the ecutek. More thinking time and research I think 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coldel said:

All I would say OP is think about how often you actually drive the car with your foot completely to the floor, or with the car in the peak power rev range. I am guessing, probably not a lot. So do you need that extra 10hp, is it going to make a huge difference to your daily driving?

What you are aiming for is a map with increased area under the curve and removal of troughs in the power build. Peak power numbers are not indicative of how fast your car will be post map so dont worry about all the claims of numbers like 30hp for a CAI it really is irrelevant on the road. I would rather have a lower peak bhp map that gives me a smoother and constant power build than one that is not so consistent and is focused on a peak number that is of only any use when willy waving down the pub (when we are allowed back in them of course !)

Thanks; I decided to stick with the drop ins as cai are expensive for little gain apart from maybe a bit of noise and engine bay bling.

I too would rather have smoother constant power than an extra few BHP :thumbs:

• Like 1