Nismo V1 Wheels: Silver (09-11) vs Gun Metal (12-13)

hmale4yu

Pondering whether I should replace my Mk2 Rims on my white 2018 370z Nismo for Mk1s. 

The Mk1 rims came in two forms - silver and gun metal. The former are more expensive for some reason. I am thinking silver suits darker cars more. However if I am going through the effort of selling existing rims/buying replacements isn't it worth going for a different look entirely?

cad82edd52_1024.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

How much are they? I prefer the V2 Rims but in Black with the chrome tips factory. Sets off the car. I dont mind V1 rims theyre different. 

Yes that's the thing someone said to me that whilst the V1s are stunning the V2 compliments the rest of the car's styling. The V2s have that two tone look to them. Mine are in very good condition. Just that dark rims are a bit of a cliche thesedays. Athough imo to properly appreciate silver rims the car needs to be black, blue or silver itself 

its more the contrast than a "hole" i suppose. I also remember white rims being over done by Honda enthusiasts. Gunmetal on White is ok, you can still see they add a nice touch thats probably why Nismo went for very dark grey on the v2s and not black. Bronze or Gold could work too

£3000 rims...wow...Have to pay to play I guess. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

2 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Crazy. Good thing I dont live on "the block" Id probably be on bricks by now :lol:

What you think of rim protectors the proper ones? In a similar colour or black. Michelins/Goodyears already sort of protect the rims

14 minutes ago, ShortPaul said:

They don't look as dark when the light gets on them, i payed close to 4000 grand with the tyres :lol:

IMG-20201102-WA0001.jpg

It is a lot of money, but TE37's would set you back even more, as for rim protectors i haven't seen proper ones so i can't comment there, it is a mine field with rims, Silverthorn has some really nice looking work wheels though, but i wanted to stay with oem rims but i have never been keen on the v2 wheels, personally preference at the end of the day:thumbs:

• Like 1

On 23/02/2021 at 21:57, HEADPHONES said:

Whichever you go for, I'd be getting the Nismo logos put on like ShortPaul deffo.

Black lettering on a silver or white on a gunmetal.

Really sets the rims off.

They look naked without the lettering:surrender:

The Nismo logo on the V1 alloys isn't put on, they're embossed

• Thanks 1

Can understand why some people don't like the V2s - probably because the V1s were that damn good lol - the V1s look very impressive when the car is in motion also. I like the v2s but they were a tough act to follow indeed!

Quick question - is there clear coat applied to that lettering on top? Heard ppl using vinyl and then clearcoat on top 

Re Pricing - they are expensive initial outlay but arguably Nismo rims are one of the most desirable one can have on a Z. Should actually make the car more desirable itself if looked after well 

• 2 months later...

I would normally change wheels on any "hobby/interest" car of mine, just to be individual (ish) but not in the case of my V2 Nismo. I've a couple of cosmetic mods to do this month (red roof wrap and Z burger badges) but that's it really. Oh, I had the rear screen tinted a couple of weeks back as well.

Less than six months ago when I was looking for something different, I'd never even seen, let alone heard of, a 370Z Nismo. It struck me a something pretty much perfect straight out of the box, particularly the wheel style. Handy really as that's probably saved me a whole heap of money changing them! 

20201227_132717_HDR.jpg

Edited by Loadmaster
  • Thanks 1

I love the darker V1s when the embossed logos are painted and the silver if not.

Really love the embossed logos 

Ray's did a limited run of black embossed LMGT4s too. 

Wouldn't say no to either V1s.

I'm sure they'll hold their value well or even APPRECIATE!