The Audi RS E - Tron GT arrives!

GranTurismoEra

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/102970/new-2021-audi-e-tron-gt-arrives-rival-tesla-model-s

The car was mentioned over 3 years ago. Not bad for a second attempt after the SUV. Shorter range than Tesla (280 miles) and pricier at £79-£130,000. 

Similar in price to the Taycan. I think it looks good Interior and exterior although the centre console could have been cleaner. Audi still believe in buttons. Shocker.

Not everyones cuppa but still a cool car. 

Audi e-tron GT 2021 -8.jpg

Audi e-tron GT 2021 -10.jpg

Audi e-tron GT 2021 -6.jpg

Audi e-tron GT 2021 -19.jpg

Audi e-tron GT 2021 -14.jpg

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

• GranTurismoEra changed the title to The Audi RS E - Tron GT arrives!

Don't know why anyone hasn't posted yet their feedback but there is a lot to like about the design. Good balance of not being too understated and not too try hard  (stinger, BMW 8etc) like the rims on the grey car must say. 

Side note I saw a black RSQ8 today and it does actually look better then the Urus.

• Like 1

Tbh I haven’t posted because it’s electric so has zero desire for me, and the Taycan exists which is a more desirable car. Same way I’d always want the sportier/premium version of any VAG product rather than the cheaper one. 

That said, it’s not horrendous to look at. Except for both wheel options :headhurt:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

Don't know why anyone hasn't posted yet their feedback but there is a lot to like about the design. Good balance of not being too understated and not too try hard  (stinger, BMW 8etc) like the rims on the grey car must say. 

Side note I saw a black RSQ8 today and it does actually look better then the Urus.

I cant blame people tbh. Electric and VAG on a Nissan Z forum its not high on the list of talkaboutism. :lol:

• Haha 1

Mehhh it's a modern German car with 101 sensors which will blow apart if, god forbid, you fart too strong. 

Expensive and without the amazing tax benefits scheme for electric cars, it's just not worth being curious about. I'm sure in 10 years time when depreciation has hit it and superchargers are the norm, then I'll be interested.

It does look amazing and it's nice to see another car in the luxury electric bracket. Tip my hat to the engineers behind the scenes - hopefully this car and its tech filters down the the everyday car I'll be using in 10/15 years. 

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Yeah who needs sensors to tell you when things are wrong, much better to bury your head in the sand and not think about it :doh: 

In fairness, for your average vehicle owner, a barrage of sensors to montior literally everything along with a plethora of brightly lit lights right in front their faces, not to mention the very specific and detailed warning messages that pop in front of their [insert whatever the "cool" media is this week] display is often seemingly insufficient notification that an issue may be present.

Much better to let the car spontaneously erupt in a dramatic fireball of death than to "warn" of said impending fireball of death.

Especially when it's just a rolling laptop. ;)

• Haha 3

Looks pretty good actually. Not a far of the wheels (why do EVs have to TRY so hard to look like something from I Robot) - interesting effort on the ridged front grille on the bodywork. The Teslas are generally ugly as sin and the flat fronts look terrible so can see they are trying to break that up. Not sure why the piece of black plastic below that is so obvious, it looks like a giant webcam or something, could be more discreet. 

Still wouldn't ever buy one for that money, would need your head tested. Buy a Model 3 and and an Exige and have best of both worlds, shopping car and a proper driving car.

Hate to say it because its an Audi and out my budget but they have nailed it. This blue grey colour looks interesting. Wonder why they didnt go for flush door handles but still. I think it's very Audi but very different at the same time. What's the Benz equivalent btw? I dont follow EVs tbh

39957010-9317749-Audi_s_superhero_green_supercar_We_have_been_putting_the_new_Aud-a-17_1614709475823.jpg

They kept traditional flip buttons on the interior too to retain a classic feel. They could have gone with just an ipad. 

The equivalent is going to be the Mercedes EQV, EQC, EQE and upcoming EQS....

Infiniti were meant to be doing the same with the QX range as well as the Q30, Q50 and Q60 while the Skyline version remained Petrol or Petrol Hybrid. They got distracted for some reason. A bit slow to the party.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motor1.com/news/492124/2022-mercedes-eqs-side-profile-teaser/amp/